Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kinda new to this forum and I need some of your advice. I currently have a z1000 2015, I bought a SC project CRT and currently thinking of getting a header for my bike.

Unfortunately, SC project CRT does not have a full system so I could only get a slip-on. However, because my bike has a sound silencer it does not give me the sound that I desire. Im currently looking at the Arrow headers for my bike but they are pretty pricy. I'm wondering if I buy a cheaper, non-branded header will it still produce the same sound compared to an arrow header or any other branded headers.

If a non-branded header still produces the same sound, what non-branded headers would you guys recommend for a student who is kinda broke?

If there is a difference in sound between branded and non-branded headers, which brand would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
try to find a comparison on you tube. Either one will make your current setup louder. ...and you may choose to keep the baffles/sound silencer in.

If the diameter of the aftermarket headers are the same, they just may produce a comparable exhaust note -branded vs non branded. The difference then being your slip ons with or without the baffles installed. If you're on a budget then go cheap. --or hold out and save for them Arrows. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey mate chiming in from Aus.

I have the SC - Carbon conical mufflers on my 2021 Z1K with arrow headers and all in all it sounds fantastic but as you've mentioned it isn't cheap.... (I have kept the baffles in as it's not the quietest setup)

Not sure what costing is like where you are but a set of Akrapovic headers may be cheaper than Arrow and fitment should be same as OEM. Otherwise a few guys on here have bought Black widow headers that seem to be very good bang for buck. Again OEM fitment.

If you do go with arrow note there is a bit of machining that needs to be done as the exhaust outlet where it goes into the muffler is much smaller than OEM - Will link to another forum post that explains - basically you will need to cut 4 slits into your mufflers connecting pipe and clamp them over the arrow headers. Seals nicely when done right.

As for opinion on branded vs non-branded - Branded you are pretty much guaranteed good fitment and quality (Arrow, Akrapovic, SC, Yoshi Etc.) going non branded you are not necessarily guaranteed quality of materials and workmanship and that is reflected in the price difference. Not to say that they aren't good quality it's just not certain. Going with something like Black Widow sits somewhere in-between, cheaper than main brands but still (probably) better quality than an ebay special.

Hope this helps 👌

1 - 9 of 9 Posts