Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Eversince I sold my 2004 Z1000 in 2014, I've been thinking of buying a brand new one...I love the 2014+ look!

Last month, I (unfortunately) ended up visiting a Kawasaki dealership and saw a few 2015-2016 leftover bikes and now I want one! Kawasaki is offering big rebates right now + good financing options and was wondering if one of you fellow Canadian riders had bought a new Z1000 recently?

Long story short, the bike's MSRP is 13 299$. The best price I was able to find after negotiating is 11 800$ (including transport, preparation, etc.) + taxes & a 0%/36mths financing for a 2016 Z1000 ABS (grey and red). I was wondering if this seemed reasonable to you who have bought similar bikes?

USA riders : I know, we're getting robbed up North...lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...can't really compare US to Canada but that gives me a good idea. The seller says he can't go below 11 800. I went to 2 other dealership and they said the same after a few minutes of negotiation...

Not trying to low ball or anything, just trying to pay the right price for the right machine. Especially that it's pretty expensive for what is it as compared to other similar models such as the GSXS1000 which seems to be better as per a few video reviews I've watched. No matter what I'll end up buying a Z100 no doubt!

·
Registered
408 Posts
The GSX S1000 is a little cheaper here too. I would like one to ride, they seem more comfortable softer suspension. The Z suspension is rough... always ready to race. In the US a leftover you can always seem to get for about 3k less than msrp if you look around. Try looking for a 2015 if you want more money off. I could get a GSX for about 9k right now... I kinda want one but I just put money into my bike lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah... I hear you! Thanks for your input.

The GSXS1000 is 1k cheaper here and has way more options (more power, traction control, gear indicator, etc.), but I don't like that big triangle headlight... Surprisingly, as for the Z1000, the 2015 and the 2016 are the same price. There are absolutely no aditionnal rebates for 2015 leftovers...but I know the resale value will be affected.

Kawasaki knows their bike looks awesome/aggressive and will therefore sell more... It's all about marketing lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Maybe they are more popular up north. I know they are now popular over seas, they don't seem to sell as quickly in the states. Not sure why, i think they look the best by far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got '15 Z1000 for about $10K OTD about 6 months ago. It was listed for $7,999 + taxes and fees.

My main gripe against the Suzuki GSX-S1000 is that it's a blatant rip-off of the Z1000. From what I've seen, Kawasaki pioneered this futuristic sporty muscle-bike look in 2010 and gave it a refresh in 2014. Suzuki copies this look and releases theirs in 2015. Does anyone feel at all disgusted at Suzuki for blatantly copying the Z1000?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Maybe they are more popular up north. I know they are now popular over seas, they don't seem to sell as quickly in the states. Not sure why, i think they look the best by far.
Indeed they are, especially here. License plates costs roughly 500$ per year for regular motorcycle and 1300$ per year for ''sport/super sport bikes''. The Z1000 not being considered sport or supersport and being the best looking bike in its category (that's for sure!), it makes it one of the best sellers.

I got '15 Z1000 for about $10K OTD about 6 months ago. It was listed for $7,999 + taxes and fees.

My main gripe against the Suzuki GSX-S1000 is that it's a blatant rip-off of the Z1000. From what I've seen, Kawasaki pioneered this futuristic sporty muscle-bike look in 2010 and gave it a refresh in 2014. Suzuki copies this look and releases theirs in 2015. Does anyone feel at all disgusted at Suzuki for blatantly copying the Z1000?
That's a good price, but again, you live in the USA right? I would have liked to pay 11k top, but it seems impossible and I've tied a few dealerships so that makes me believe that either 1) the price is around their cost or 2) they don't mind not selling it to me because they will sell it anyways since spring here and people are going crazy about buying bikes and boats (we have a 4 seasons weather...). As for the copying, I feel you, but you gotta admit, the GSXS1000 has way more features for less. Kawasaki will most likely have to adjust at some point. I would have liked to see a more agressive line, especially the front fairing/headlight and the rear fairing/taillight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Indeed they are, especially here. License plates costs roughly 500$ per year for regular motorcycle and 1300$ per year for ''sport/super sport bikes''. The Z1000 not being considered sport or supersport and being the best looking bike in its category (that's for sure!), it makes it one of the best sellers.

That's a good price, but again, you live in the USA right? I would have liked to pay 11k top, but it seems impossible and I've tied a few dealerships so that makes me believe that either 1) the price is around their cost or 2) they don't mind not selling it to me because they will sell it anyways since spring here and people are going crazy about buying bikes and boats (we have a 4 seasons weather...). As for the copying, I feel you, but you gotta admit, the GSXS1000 has way more features for less. Kawasaki will most likely have to adjust at some point. I would have liked to see a more agressive line, especially the front fairing/headlight and the rear fairing/taillight.
Yup, USA - California pricing. The price you're getting seems reasonable for Canada.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Greenhornet2 can you give some more info about the condition of the bike. I am interested in the offer.
It's a 2015, has about 1,400 miles. Fender eliminator, Moto GP M4 slip ons, Rizoma mirrors, Ivan's ECU flash, I have flush mount turn signals I haven't put on. I have all the stock parts, Tires good, never spun the rear never raced. No issues never dropped. Kawasaki warranty is good until I think June 2021. You can PM me if you are seriously interested I can text you pictures. Oh and a K&N air filter.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I can sell you mine for 10k with over 4 years of warranty left and a bunch of extras =)
Id say go for that. The money you save can then go on mods. I was in our local kwak shop on saturday having a nose and was looking at the z1000r - id rather have mine. Its faster, handles better and is way lighter. The only thing i dont have is those m50's but ill be sorting that out soon in a few months with a set of gp4's

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up buying a 2016 2 hours away from where I live. Good deal + 2 years of extra warranty (kind of useless since motorcycles rarely have mechanical issues...) but it was included in the promotion so!

Will post a few pictures later on!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not useless, bikes have a lot of electronics on them now! EBCM ECM... big money
Keep in mind that, if they offer extended warranty, it's because they make profit out of it...lol. They charge 1000$+ for 2 additional years. I strongly believe that any issues will occur within the first year OR after a few years, but I might be wrong.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts