Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z1000R
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was fairly easy provided you have steady hands.

I didnt clean the glue off the glass enough on the first try. I had to remove the film, clean up better, measure and cut another one. This one is not perfect but I'll do it again someday.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Bicycle Land vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank

· Registered
1,004 Posts
nice work TrailDweller. dig the dark background…👍

try novus for scratch removal. there are three steps/solutions that are used to get out scratches. it does work, but takes a while depending on how deep the scratches are. it’s not a miracle fix, but works relatively good. scratches yes, gouges no.

· Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z1000R
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you do that, any instructions or videos?
Here, I've used this specific video and the bike manual to open the cluster.

For the polarizer sheet, I've looked through amazon to try to find a better quality one. They all look the same on the website so I went for:
Photography grade
Fairly good reviews
Slightly higher price, didn't go for the cheapest ones. I don't know **** about polarizer sheets so I took my time checking the brands. Still, they all looked the same so I have no idea if it would have changed anything.

Pay careful attention to have the correct rotation, mine looked black in daylight but is slightly warm color at night time. I'll redo it once it annoys me too much. I did it outside but did the sticking part inside, holding my breath because I would not have been able to stand a single piece of dust under it.

Overall it was easier than I thought, but I'm good at minutious work.

Good luck!

· Registered
1,267 Posts
This is really cool.

I notice Kawasaki sells instrument housings for many of their bikes so this should be possible for several different models.

I wish you lived on my street. I stead I get neighbor who collects stamps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts