Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Z1000 has stood for 2 yrs but is started regularly but now when I started it there is nothing at all on the clocks' no rev counter , temp, trip, clock or mileometer. Any ideas as to what caused this anyone ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've got the exact same problem however I gave it a good run (hour up and down the street) and they randomly came back but now when I've started it I've got the problem again
my husqvarna does that too. I'll pressure wash the bike, turn it on and the clock are fine, but then the next day it's completely dead, no readout whatsoever. The I go ride it because dead clocks is not going to stop me from using the bike, and at some point during the day the clocks completely come back to life, albeit reset mileage and time. This has happened to me a dozen times already. Obviously water is getting in and shorting something, but it amazes me that it fixes itself every time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
my husqvarna does that too. I'll pressure wash the bike, turn it on and the clock are fine, but then the next day it's completely dead, no readout whatsoever. The I go ride it because dead clocks is not going to stop me from using the bike, and at some point during the day the clocks completely come back to life, albeit reset mileage and time. This has happened to me a dozen times already. Obviously water is getting in and shorting something, but it amazes me that it fixes itself every time.
Pressure washing a motorcycle can do a lot of unexpected damage. Lots of exposed seals, especially wheel bearing seals, that pushes water past the them and destroys your bearings prematurely. Electronics, key locks and drive chains are other reasons to avoid pressure washing. If I use the pressure washer at a car wash I'll use the foamy brush and never use the trigger on the sprayer. The spray without the trigger is enough to rinse the soap off without injecting water into the aforementioned. Or usually I'll just use a hose and bucket in my driveway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts