Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. Picked up my 03' Z1000 a few weeks ago. She was completely stock, with 8,000 miles on her. I couldn't stand the stock exhaust and felt the need to put something a little more aggressive on it before it gets warm again. I found Danmoto on ebay but checked out as many reviews as I could. For $200.00 shipped, I figured it would be a good investment until I have the money for a full system. Heres a little about the Danmoto exhaust since I can't seem to find any good Z1000 reviews.
I received the exhaust about 12 days after ordering (Not bad for coming from China) Put on the pipes last night. They fit perfectly. Only thing I had to do was drill out the hangers straps a little since danmoto requires you to use your original exhaust bolts. Quality is absolutely amazing. The welds really are professionally done.

Heres a link to a video of it running after I tightened everything down. Sorry for the sucky vid. I cant pull the bike out of the garage due to the snow in the driveway. I'll get a better video up and some pictures of the pipes in a little.

BTW, the video does not do the pipes justice. They are loud as hell. I'll probably be ordering the baffles that danmoto sells. I love the sound, its mean, its aggressive, and if you've got something between your legs, you'd like it too, but im a little worried about the cops having a problem with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, saw that video online. They seem 10 times louder than the carbon gp's but I love it. Sounds really good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice pipes! They sound great and have that knarly WRX rumble to them.

I thought about getting those at one point, but wasn't sure if you could actually get quite inserts or not for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got them a while ago, before he offered db killers for them. The new version has danMoto stamped on the back and has db killers option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, mine have the cool little Danmoto stamp on the tips, and i just ordered the baffles so ill let you guys know what they sound like when I get them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
got the dual carbon cans within 12 days and installed them on my 2007 z1000 fit and finish is great welds are great, sounds sick worth the money. $260 shipped to VA. These suckers are louder than my scorpion gp short exhaust, that i had on my 2006 GSXR600 but sound so much better and have a deeper tone. This read helped me make up my mind and give the dan motos a try.

DanMoto Slip-On Exhaust | K3 Chris Onwiler | Trackdaymag

I also could not find a bad review on any of the many forums that talk about these.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. Picked up my 03' Z1000 a few weeks ago. She was completely stock, with 8,000 miles on her. I couldn't stand the stock exhaust and felt the need to put something a little more aggressive on it before it gets warm again. I found Danmoto on ebay but checked out as many reviews as I could. For $200.00 shipped, I figured it would be a good investment until I have the money for a full system. Heres a little about the Danmoto exhaust since I can't seem to find any good Z1000 reviews.
I received the exhaust about 12 days after ordering (Not bad for coming from China) Put on the pipes last night. They fit perfectly. Only thing I had to do was drill out the hangers straps a little since danmoto requires you to use your original exhaust bolts. Quality is absolutely amazing. The welds really are professionally done.

Heres a link to a video of it running after I tightened everything down. Sorry for the sucky vid. I cant pull the bike out of the garage due to the snow in the driveway. I'll get a better video up and some pictures of the pipes in a little.

YouTube - 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 with Danmoto Carbon GP's

BTW, the video does not do the pipes justice. They are loud as hell. I'll probably be ordering the baffles that danmoto sells. I love the sound, its mean, its aggressive, and if you've got something between your legs, you'd like it too, but im a little worried about the cops having a problem with it.

$200 SHIPPED! You cant beat that deal, and they sound awesome too!

Man, China is really upping its game. I read an article recently saying that China is not much different than the rest of the world - they have people that make crap products, and thy have companies that make great products. Just look at your iPhone or any of the electronics you own - mostly made in China. So, why not give some of these aftermarkey makers a chance - especially when they come up with a product like this, which has craftsmanship built into it with a price point that most of us can still afford in this screwed up economy...

I think I will avoid the brake rotors for the time being (Ive read that it is inferior metals being used, which warp easily), but any other aftermarket products - Im willing to try as long as the price is right. Look on eBay - bar end mirrors that are made from aircraft aluminum, $20 for a PAIR, as opposed to $90 EACH from CRG or other USA brands... (and I have a CRG, dammit!)

·
Registered
9 Posts

Man, China is really upping its game. I read an article recently saying that China is not much different than the rest of the world - they have people that make crap products, and thy have companies that make great products. Just look at your iPhone or any of the electronics you own - mostly made in China. So, why not give some of these aftermarkey makers a chance - especially when they come up with a product like this, which has craftsmanship built into it with a price point that most of us can still afford in this screwed up economy...

I think I will avoid the brake rotors for the time being (Ive read that it is inferior metals being used, which warp easily), but any other aftermarket products - Im willing to try as long as the price is right. Look on eBay - bar end mirrors that are made from aircraft aluminum, $20 for a PAIR, as opposed to $90 EACH from CRG or other USA brands... (and I have a CRG, dammit!)
I bought some bar end miriors from china and the quality was flawless cnc aluminum and looked just as good as rizma mirrors $35 shipped for 2.

Im going to try a set of levers next.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

You're telling me! I couldn't be happier. Rode the bike about 250 miles down to school the other week. Passed multiple police, not one of them had a problem with it, and I think I've gotten more use to the noise. I love it. Danmoto just sent me the baffles for them, but I'm not putting them in. Ill get a better video up next week when im back down at school. Spring break now, and missing my Z!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I bought some bar end miriors from china and the quality was flawless cnc aluminum and looked just as good as rizma mirrors $35 shipped for 2.

Im going to try a set of levers next.

Let us know what you think of the levers... I was going to get a set, but convinced myself that Pazzo was the way to go (had Pazzo's in the past, and was worried about the tolerances on the made in China ones...sloppy tolerances means that they are just going to vibrate as bad as the stock ones do...) Now Im wishing I had gotten them...and saved the money...

If I dont like this 2" CRG Blindside bar end mirror I paid $50 for ONE, Im going to spend the $35 and get two 3" mirrors from China. Why the heck not!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Moparmcars...Nice looking & sounding, I just ordered the the titanium with the blue torch effect for my 06 Plazma Blue... how long did it take you to fit 'em up?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DizzyZ,

Literally like 20 minutes tops, plus a few minutes to drill out the hanger straps they give you. The hole isnt big enough to fit the stock bolt through, so I just drilled them out real quick. As far as the actual install goes, loosened the clamp for the stock mufflers, slid on the new mid pipe, tightened them up, and attached the cans. Just as a heads up, the mid pipe might be a little tight going onto the header, just keep twisting, it will go all the way up to the stopper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let us know what you think of the levers... I was going to get a set, but convinced myself that Pazzo was the way to go (had Pazzo's in the past, and was worried about the tolerances on the made in China ones...sloppy tolerances means that they are just going to vibrate as bad as the stock ones do...) Now Im wishing I had gotten them...and saved the money...

If I dont like this 2" CRG Blindside bar end mirror I paid $50 for ONE, Im going to spend the $35 and get two 3" mirrors from China. Why the heck not!
Levers are sick!! quality fit and finish is perfect. I opted for the full length black levers. Mirrors turned out great as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a Danmoto muffler on a Versys, loud but functional. Same muffler on a Ninja 650r (basically the same bike) the muffler rotted apart in a week from heat damage. Let us know if they last.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered DanMoto Slip ons for my Z

Decided to go with the Titanium - blue torch effect. Should arrive around the same time as the Bike :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts