Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
fit and finish are superb.., customer service superb
on my elevation 3,000-3,400 ft 10hp + 3tq with ivans flash, i used the map of the akra he provided, i used pcfc..
1st page tells it all and also seth_z's review on this thread.. all are happy that bought the exhaust..

of course with full single akra, more power and more torque because header is longer.. dual full akra has bit more hp than single
and also single is quieter.. the videos are posted few pages back for sound..

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Reference this exhaust with Ivan's ECU work. He recommends the full Akrapovic system as the go to. That joker is over a grand. What's the consensus of this system in comparison? performance, fit & finish, construction? Are you leaving anything on the table with the Ivan's mods by NOT using the Akra system? Thanks folks.
Ivan's is set up for the full Akrapovic system. Have you ever seen a pipe made by them that was cheap? Hell the one for my KTM 690 smc was 1200.00 plus and that's one head pipe and a can! If you want it to be at it's best then that's the pipe you need. Like my Dad always said speeds expensive $$$$$$, So how fast and smooth do you want to go??:surprise::grin::wink:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
yup, akra have always the premium price.. arrow too is also cool...

anyway so whatever the stock exhaust with ivans flash is, just add 10hp + 3tq with this exhaust

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm going to go with the exhaust Ivan has optimized his tuning for. It will be going on the Dyno with a PC5 to fine tune so...
I've done the mods that he outlined for my FZ1 and that things a beast, so I'm not going to second guess him based on an exhaust.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
yeah its optimized for that, this is just different, blends with the look of the 4th gen

81 - 86 of 86 Posts