Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
oh **** totally forgot about that.. anyway gord i am positive it fits... because z1000 3rd and 4th gen are same, even exhaust are interchangeable... the only concern i would think is the lower cowling but z1000 has more down of a slope and ninja has a less slope i don't see it as a concern...

then compare it on my pic.. little more space on the ninja than the Z1000.. let me know.. i will post more pic for you if you need to..
you can even cover the exhaust more.. than the z..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looking at the pics, it looks like the forward slope of the Scooby Doo cover will match even better on the N than the Z. Just tell Patrick that money is no object for this awesome exhaust and that you went out and traded your N for a Z. :)
I'm sure 'Leakage' is a translating error, but I wonder what exactly he means.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Looking at the pics, it looks like the forward slope of the Scooby Doo cover will match even better on the N than the Z. Just tell Patrick that money is no object for this awesome exhaust and that you went out and traded your N for a Z. :)

I'm sure 'Leakage' is a translating error, but I wonder what exactly he means.

Glad I wasn't the only one to catch that. Are we positive Patrick isn't 10?

'03 Z

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
So what you are saying is CS cant make a different heat shield so this pipe fits 2 bikes. They could design the whole exhaust to begin with. Sounds like some PR BS.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Poor guy wanted to buy the exhaust so bad but would not sell it to him.. i told him to use a different acct. Lol.. anyway they told him about the cowling.. "the matte black part wont fit on your ninja 1000" the problem is the cowling"
Even just buying it with his own accord.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
8000km no issues whatsoever.. 3 oil changes have passed..
you just need an FCE (fuel cut eliminator) and block off plates to have no backfiring and popping, or ecu flash..
other than that use them as you please.. though i had to wear ear plugs because its at the side.. though
i already made myself wearing earplugs as a habit since 2010..
as seth has said they are just on par with the vance and hines brawlers which most used as a slip on..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Reference this exhaust with Ivan's ECU work. He recommends the full Akrapovic system as the go to. That joker is over a grand. What's the consensus of this system in comparison? performance, fit & finish, construction? Are you leaving anything on the table with the Ivan's mods by NOT using the Akra system? Thanks folks.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts