Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://www.csescapamentos.com/loja/br/kawasaki/35-z750.html--- website

https://www.facebook.com/csescapamentos/timeline -- better chance of getting fast response

exhaust came packaged nicely total of 3wks for slow shipping more than a week for faster shipping.. well if you are not in a hurry slow shipping is fine
p[ics below of the package.. and quality of the exhaust

amt. of exhaust: 2,040 brazilian real = 650 usd
shipping: can vary: canada wise from brazil was:
EMS eight days R $ 284.00 economic 20 days R $ 151.00

payment method: paypal, as credit card overseas payment are blocked

mode of communication: facebook messenger, faster way, you may have to do google translate if you do not know Portuguese
very nice people, communicates, follows-up shipment, google translate app on phone really helps.. installed pics to follow..
in person the exhaust quality is like arrow exhaust...
i need to find something to block o2 sensor bung for now.. it comes open

2 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
1 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
3 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
4 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
8 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
7 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
12 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
10 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
9 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
11 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
5 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
13 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
****update APRIL 2015****

i'm sorry this is loud (for me), plus exhaust is at the side.. so 3x louder to you (inside the helmet) than people you pass by.. (on par with urban brawlers)

here's the thing, 1st 3 days it will be raspy by just a little and crazy loud IMO but not as loud as my old set up (arrow header/zx10r s1r can)coz it was louder.. after that it will be better..
this is what my friends told me, "it was almost same loudness as the brawlers ride by but just the tone is more on deeper base side".. so even better.. this set-up will be 3x louder if you are riding than a ride-by because the resonance of the exhaust exit is at the side, closer to your ear; so ear plugs, i made it a habit anyway after a week of riding tone has been better because of carbon coating inside the exhaust. i rode aggressively in went to places on country roads, ran it hard you will notice the tone gets better and better.. people can tolerate it, my arrow/s1r carbon was crazy on higher rpm.. this one is just right..

*** sound update April 20-- Brawlers set-up are louder IMO, but this is more on a deep base tone but still loud for a rider that doesn't wear earplugs

3 things to remember..

1. buy exhaust gaskets (oem) (4 copper crush gaskets for the header/exhaust port) and copper silicone tube to make
the gasket stay in place..

2. buy some o2 sensor bung plug m18 x 1.5 (if w/o o2 sensor)

3. use anti seize for spark plugs when slipping the exhaust.. (header to midpipe to exhaust)
i installed it header first, hand tighten, then midpipe then header

you can use the oem hanger bolt from your oem exhaust (the belly muffler) and pry out the nut, because its locked by a heat weld.. then hang your new exhaust.

**** i would install the fce/block off plates for the popping/backfiring first.. (ivan's performance product)- give him a call so he will explain to you better
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/index.htm

when you remove the airbox (to install the FCE) , open the air box and wiggle each intake funnel because they are tight thats about it

4 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
10 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
9 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
7 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
1 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
3 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr
11 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr

c1 by kenn_ex82, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Call Akrapovic and see if they will send you a O2 bung plug.

Looks nice. Cant wait for installed pics and a video.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Simply find out the threads for the bung and order a short bolt, nothing special needed. Looks good though!

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I see Revzilla has 2 thread options. I don't know which one your exhaust uses. I thought all the O2 bungs were the same. Guess I've always been lucky with them. The muffler shop only has one size bung here and I used some old O2's to plug the holes in my trucks exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
The discoloring is normal from the heat.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
post #2 updated pics uploaded
hope to dyno soon.. did not notice on butt dyno of any loss.. was almost letting go of handlebar
fce and plates to follow

1 - 20 of 86 Posts