Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Z’ers,
I am looking to sell my crashed 2003 Z1000A with around 60k miles for sale as a whole or for parts in Port Saint Lucie FL. I have the title. As far as I know my laying the bike down was not reported as crashed. I was around 70 on highway 75 in the rain and the bike and I went flying, we both landed in the road. The bike then slid into the grass. The bike has been cleaned and covered since May 2020. I broke a few bones in both feet, but otherwise lucky to be here.
The damage is to the front mainly. Bike is now orange and black, originally Red and black as far as I know. The motor starts and runs but I found a crack in the engine case close to where the swing arm connects and oil drips out here while running. The outer engine side covers where ground down from sliding on the road and the top right of the valve cover has a puncture from the outside in. The frame has a small crack near neck and those are mostly why I am moving on from the bike. Other than it had been low speed crashed a couple times before me. I do not know if the frame cracks are from my crash or they had been there. The brakes are new, Most of the parts are good and I have extras of some. Rear tire has about 500 miles on it. At least the right front fork and rotor are bent but the seals where just changed last year, front fender damaged, no windshield, no speedo (it flew off), radiator crushed. I have a set of good black or orange alligator seats, the tank is scraped and dented but does not leak as far as I know. Rear fender is good, two pipe muzzy system in good condition, fairly new chain and sprockets, K&N air filter, new valve cover gaskets and rubber carburetor boots, extra whole rebuilt fuel injection available, black windshield, factory pipes that some of the baffles had been removed but not crazy loud.
I would rather part the bike out for more money. But, I’m open to offers for it as is. With or without the extra parts I have. I am asking $1650 Rick – 772-359-9996 Txt or call and leave a message.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like the ECU if not too pricey
Jimz, ok. I believe we can work something out for that. I'm at work now, I can get back to you with a picture to confirm after 9pm tn or Saturday. I was thinking $140 and I will ship it to you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was thinking $140 and I will ship it to you.
It would pay $140 if mine was bad and I needed it to run, but I would just put it in my Z1000 box as a spare unit that I hope I never need and that's a little steep for a "just in case" part.

every couple of months somebody will sign in asking for a gen 1 gas tank or set of pipes, you should be able to sell those without too much trouble.

if I was local to you I'd make you an offer on the wreck but it would be less than half of what you're asking

you'll get some money off of it from here, but how long and how much are still to be determined

Did you do the black accent paint yourself ?

Did you throw a PC3 unit on it for the pipes ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would pay $140 if mine was bad and I needed it to run, but I would just put it in my Z1000 box as a spare unit that I hope I never need and that's a little steep for a "just in case" part.

every couple of months somebody will sign in asking for a gen 1 gas tank or set of pipes, you should be able to sell those without too much trouble.

if I was local to you I'd make you an offer on the wreck but it would be less than half of what you're asking

you'll get some money off of it from here, but how long and how much are still to be determined

Did you do the black accent paint yourself ?

Did you throw a PC3 unit on it for the pipes ?
Thank you for the tips and questions...
I understand on the just in case part. I can do $100 to include shipping if you want it... txt my cell.
I did not do the paint, parts as is from ebay,
Yes it has a good previously used pc3 also from ebay.($150)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
About the tank calipers and rear fairing?
My fuel pump went out on my bike yesterday so i was just wondering before I order a replacement

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would you be interested in letting your tank, brake calipers and fairings go ?
Hello Shaba wabaa, Hmmm. Well, i suppose i would. Make an offer and i will get back to you asap. All calipers should be in good working order. All were just rebuilt and new pads 1 month before going down. Your asking about my plastics, Which ones shown in the pictures are you wanting? Not pictured, i have an old smoke windshield for it but that's all. Txt my cell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My fuel pump went out on my bike yesterday so i was just wondering before I order a replacement
Ah... Ok i see. Well this tank should be fixable. It has a new oem pump installed 3 months before going down. The rear plastics are just ok. Has a few repaired cracks, and maybe missing a fastening tab or two. Not bad over all tho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Z’ers,
I am looking to sell my crashed 2003 Z1000A with around 60k miles for sale as a whole or for parts in Port Saint Lucie FL. I have the title. As far as I know my crash was not reported as crashed. But I was ticketed in North Georgia for following too close with no insurance. Basically I rear-ended a moving car at about 80 in the driver’s side rear fender/tire at 80mph on highway 75 in the rain and the bike and I went flying, we both landed in the road. The bike then slid into the grass. The bike has been cleaned and covered since May 2020. I broke a few bones in both feet, but otherwise lucky to be here.
The damage is to the front mainly. Bike is now orange and black, originally Red and black as far as I know. The motor starts and runs but I found a crack in the engine case close to where the swing arm connects and oil drips out here while running. The outer engine side covers where ground down from sliding on the road and the top right of the valve cover has a puncture from the outside in. The frame has a small crack near neck and those are mostly why I am moving on from the bike. Other than it had been low speed crashed a couple times before me. I do not know if the frame cracks are from my crash or they had been there. The brakes are new, Most of the parts are good and I have extras of some. Rear tire has about 500 miles on it. At least the right front fork and rotor are bent but the seals where just changed last year, front fender damaged, no windshield, no speedo (it flew off), radiator crushed. I have a set of good black or orange alligator seats, the tank is scraped and dented but does not leak as far as I know. Rear fender is good, two pipe muzzy system in good condition, fairly new chain and sprockets, K&N air filter, new valve cover gaskets and rubber carburetor boots, extra whole rebuilt fuel injection available, black windshield, factory pipes that some of the baffles had been removed but not crazy loud.
I would rather part the bike out for more money. But, I’m open to offers for it as is. With or without the extra parts I have. I am asking $1650 Rick – 772-359-9996 Txt or call and leave a message.

Hello
I need water pump
What is last price?
And can you send by post in another cantry?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello
I need water pump
What is last price?
And can you send by post in another cantry?
hello, i will have to look into how hard it is to remove this apart. For right now i am hoping to sell the whole engine or bike. If i have other people wanting engine parts, i would break down the engine for parts. but not right now, as it will run as is. Please check back or i can try to let you know. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Z’ers,
I am looking to sell my crashed 2003 Z1000A with around 60k miles for sale as a whole or for parts in Port Saint Lucie FL. I have the title. As far as I know my crash was not reported as crashed. But I was ticketed in North Georgia for following too close with no insurance. Basically I rear-ended a moving car at about 80 in the driver’s side rear fender/tire at 80mph on highway 75 in the rain and the bike and I went flying, we both landed in the road. The bike then slid into the grass. The bike has been cleaned and covered since May 2020. I broke a few bones in both feet, but otherwise lucky to be here.
Interested in exhaust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, i bought used from ebay. they sound real nice, no real issues. a few scratches and very small dents. Bolted right on. do you need the four to two header? I'm asking 225 + ship
just the slip ons. Need pics. Shipping from FLA may be high.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok np. I will post some closer picts tonight after wk. True, what state are u in? My work ships lots of stuff. Should have descent rate. I think I paid 60 to get them couple years ago. I will update asap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tank does not leak as far as i know. repair is likely. several small and medium dings one big scrape. New oem pump has 500 miles on it. Calipers are in fair/good shape. just rebuilt 2 months before crash. Rear seat plastics not awesome. Good side covers and rear fender tho.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, my water pump is working and i did not have issue with. Seems fairly easy to remove. I will work with you on price. what country are you in. What code/state?
Hello,
Well, where can i contact you? Facebook imstagram? Tall yor name for search...
We can talk..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts