Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't like the Kawasaki logo on the front or the Z1000 on the tail so using a hairdryer, removed them. We make vinyl stickers at work so we made these replacements:

Then I installed my Garmin Nuvi by drilling a small hole in the clamp. It works great!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice solutions! Looks like the Garmin was made to be their :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was a little apprehensive about drilling the hole there but it was very easy and doesn't really mess anything up. The GPS bracket will stay in place all the time even when I remove the gps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Garmin bracket

Hi,

My z1000 is comming next week (i hope, long story >> short version is >> more then a month ago my zx10r was stolen and i'm still waiting on insurrance money:mad:) and i allready have a Garmin Zumo 660. I was going to mount it on the handlebars but your solution looks way better :D

Can you maybe post a pic or two how you did it? or how the bracket is mounted?

thanks!

Can't wait to ride again!

[edit]
Sorry "almostinvincible119" didn't see your post (arrr wheres-me-glasses ;-) )
[/edit]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

My z1000 is comming next week (i hope, long story >> short version is >> more then a month ago my zx10r was stolen and i'm still waiting on insurrance money:mad:) and i allready have a Garmin Zumo 660. I was going to mount it on the handlebars but your solution looks way better :D

Can you maybe post a pic or two how you did it? or how the bracket is mounted?

thanks!

Can't wait to ride again!

[edit]
Sorry "almostinvincible119" didn't see your post (arrr wheres-me-glasses ;-) )
[/edit]

I'll try to post some pics of the way I mounted it this evening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A little bump. I was hoping if you can find the time you could post the pics of your Garmin mount and maybe a brief explanation of what was used. Looks factory and I would love to add that to the Z. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts