Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a hose running from top of the valve cover to the airbox. has some kind of vacum pods where it comes out of valve cover. im assuming thats the cool air injection plates. i am wanting to disconnect this to eliminate some deceleration popping. my question is, do i need to put a little breather on the hose coming off the head or just block it & the airbox off?:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks zephyrboy738.:eek:ccasion: blocked it off & the deceleration pops r gone. only poped once in the high rpms when i let off of it. should have done this alot sooner. just couldnt stand the popping. made it sound like crap.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
That one pop you here is when the fuel cut comes back on. When you let off the gas at high RPM's the fuel shuts off until the RPM'S HIT 4,000 TO 3,500 THEN THE GAS COMES BACK ON THATS WHAT MAKES IT POP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just installed Akra full system on my 2011 Z1000.
but i dont know where is the cool air injection plate that i have to block it
pls anyone explain in more details or better with pics. Thx

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hmm, i like the sound of the exhaust popping on mine..... with the deep growl it produces the popping just makes it sound more pissed off. If I don't want it to do it I can just leave it in a higher gear and roll off the throttle.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
There is more than one plate. its a set of block off plates.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i couldnt stand the popping on mine. made it sound like a pos. i am so glad i blocked mine off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts