Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'd like get some help from someone who's a bit more familiar when it comes to Z1k electrical circuit.

Shortly, my bike was restricted to 78KW, the restriction was simply a screw which prevented throttle bodies to open all the way (very technically advanced from Kawasaki I know). That was removed a long time ago but I also found someone mentioning that this plug should be removed as well.

Now, I have some bad experience with electronics and I don't want to fry something (again), so I'd like to hear another opinion before I mess with it.

Here's the discussion I mentioned, this made me wonder:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the place where the screw was positioned, the difference is huge. I have a service manual but I haven't searched anything regarding the plug in there, I might take a look. Maybe it won't do anything, but it was mentioned in the topic I attached, that's why I'm curious.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
833 Posts
i think you already achieved the performance gains. i looked in the service manual, and possibly that electrical port is for the immobilizer key setup for additional keys. it’s in section 16 of the book. see what you find when you get some time to check it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for double checking that. Yeah the bike is a beast, most likely at it's full performance, just wanted to double check because it was mentioned on the other forum. I'll do some research in the manual as well to make sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts