Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bit quiet lately and heres why....still got the Zed (and its still brilliant!) by the way...bought this last month (my third) and final one...sold the last one to get the zed and wished I hadn't so I set about wearing the wife down to go even more overdrawn to get this bad boy...

Last of the old school air cooled hypers which goes like a turbo charged tractor. Its needed a bit of work doing to it to get it to where I need it to be ...rusty fixings, powder coating needed, brake lines knackered, dyno work etc etc but **** me its good fun - nice to own one again!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mate when I show people my overdraft on my phone app....eyebrows certainly go up....I am well into 5 figures!!

Having said that the agreement with the other half is to sell the 525 supermoto...not sold yet but its up for sale...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
wow crazy... haha i would have 1 SS bike, 1 naked, and a kz1000..
i like supermoto but my height doesn't.. lol
show post detailed pics :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah - nothing yet...those are the only 3 that ive got....it doesn't really look any different....subtle changes....bolts, brake lines, heated grips, eg youd never see the upgraded starter cables but cost loads....ill take some more shots when ive given it a good going over (those aircooled barrels are a nightmare to clean)!

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, heres the SM...

before...

After

And if you want some bed time reading - this is how it all went together...not without problems but it was a hell of a journey....first time ive done anything like this...

525 exc 2005

1 - 9 of 9 Posts