Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get a chirp as the forks compress and decompress under fast, hard, braking? In order to produce the sound, I have to let go of the brake shortly after I brake hard. I even get this sound over some random bumps.

Is this normal? What could it be?

2010 z1000

·
Registered
555 Posts
You got a bird stuck in the forks! Sorry, I just couldn't pass that one up. I wouldn't think that is normal, but I ride an '07 so...?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah, not sure where the sound is comming from. I know its from the front end though. Will check the forks. BTW its a 2010 zlk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chirping is the correct word I searched to describe my problem...Like a little bird singing or a tire who skid on a concrete ground...Started at 1000miles... and tortured me every time I opened the gas from lower rpm...from 2000 to 3500...then I don't know if the noise disappear or the engine roar covered it...Now, (1700miles) the chirping noise is less noticeable...but there is yet. When the engine is NEUTRAL I hear NO noise. I can feel it lightly when I ride in Neutral...when cornering I can feel it more...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chirping is the correct word I searched to describe my problem...Like a little bird singing or a tire who skid on a concrete ground...Started at 1000miles... and tortured me every time I opened the gas from lower rpm...from 2000 to 3500...then I don't know if the noise disappear or the engine roar covered it...Now, (1700miles) the chirping noise is less noticeable...but there is yet. When the engine is NEUTRAL I hear NO noise. I can feel it lightly when I ride in Neutral...when cornering I can feel it more...

I hear it when I take off as well.

I took it to the dealer and the tech told me that it is "normal."

Don't know whether to believe him or not. You guys should take yours to your mechanics and have them check so that we can get a second opinion.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'v gotten use to all the weird noises that this bike makes. If its not the funny clutch sounds, its the plastic on the front of the gas tank, or the place where the gas tank makes contact with the frame. I'm still very happy with the bike but Im usually wearing ear plugs or head phones which allows me to ignore the majority of the sounds.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
mine only has the one anoying noise..... the clutch lever rattle. still glad I have the older model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
At a guess I would say brake pads, this day & age nothing is perfect. As long as nothing is comprimised , everything is working normally, just enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts