Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you guys please advice on a set of slip on exhaust for a 2019 z1000 that is LOUD and deep at the same time? Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Decat is the only way to get a good deep grunt out of your z1000.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
Gen 4 Z1000 R Edition
31 Posts
Can you guys please advice on a set of slip on exhaust for a 2019 z1000 that is LOUD and deep at the same time? Thanks
Can't be done without a decat. I put Black Widow headers on mine with Scorpion Red Power cans.
Does exactly what you're looking for. Sets of the alarm in my van.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Arrow headers (single exit) akra tail. I used one from my rsv4. I've had alot of pipes on mine over the years and the akra is the best.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Gen 4 Z1000 R Edition
31 Posts
Had de baffled Akras on before the Scorpions and they probably had a deeper sound. Bloody expensive though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Induction noise is what gives these bikes that deep growl at low RPM's. Also getting rid of the breadbox resonator under the bike is what's really going to give you the loudness you're after. With the resonator still in place, pretty much all slip-ons are going to sound the same since the cat and resonator is doing the majority of the muffling. You can get rid of the resonator with either header pipes, or a cat-delete mid pipe, though that requires cutting and possibly welding, which is why most people just buy the headers.

After you've done headers / cat-delete, then you can decide on the loudness based on the size of the slip-on pipe you buy. Large slip-ons are quieter than small ones. Same goes for single vs. dual exhaust, single is louder. A single tiny little Austin Racing is going to be much louder than dual Akra bazooka's.

Also, don't base exhaust sound off YouTube videos. You're really only judging the quality of the person's microphone, if anything. It's like trying to judge the picture quality of a TV by watching a YouTube review of it, it doesn't work like that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts