Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right spot for this thread. Lord knows I'm not going to retype it! I don't usually do write ups like this. I'm doing it for the couple of members who were asking about it. First off let me start by saying I'm using a cheap system off wish. But no complaints from me yet. It has a built in rechargeable battery, seconds as a security camera.

I am not a professional installer of motorcycle accessories. But here we go. I hope some can get some use out of this. I'm going to post the pics of wire running afterwards.

I picked up the camera system as a way to see what's going on behind me and to see if a 馃惙馃惙馃惙馃惙馃惙馃悥馃惤馃惤馃惤馃惤 is trying to be sneaky.

This camera I chose comes with everything for installation except some super glue, and hot glue(for filling hole)

"Now to start disconnect battery"(can I chose not to just tied my hot into my tail lamp)
My ground is mounted under the seat I seen a screw attached to frame Said "you'll do"
As for camera mounting I chose the locations I did for the purposes I will be using. The rear camera I decided I wanted under the tail lamp in front of my plate. Used the supplied screws and mounted the camera accordingly.
As for wire from rear camera. I chose to drill a hole next to the key lock on the tail due to framing being in the way anywhere else. I used hot glue to secure the wire on the bottom side of tail and filled hole with hot glue after wire ran.

Front camera. Here's where I really fudged up. Cost me 90 bucks so don't do this. I tried to mount the tab into the the double bubble wide screen I had ended up shattering it. Thankfully I still had stock. I tried to hot glue camera in front but unfortunately with how cold it is here still wasn't sticking like hoping. Chose to use super glue instead.

For monitor mount I chose to place it attached under the tach, in front of ignition. (Just best spot for me, could be mounted in a mirrror) then I ran the long power cord and rear camera through the interior of the chassis under the seat under the tank along the frame and super glued the wiring on the frame. (Doesn't get in the way of tank by animals and doesn't get hot enough to melt wires)

Now like I said before not a professional. And just in case someone comes along and says that blue tape will catch fire..... its not the connection it's just to hold wires together instead of zip ties (used what was readily available) and here are the pics

Attachments

Registered
You are my new hero/role model. Thank you!

Imagine what Kawasaki coukd do if it were legal to replace the mirrors with a monitor.

Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
Discussion Starter #3
You are my new hero/role model. Thank you!

Imagine what Kawasaki coukd do if it were legal to replace the mirrors with a monitor.
Could definitely get it done. Honestly I was looking at it and this monitor should fit in a mirror housing. Then if you could find a small touchscreen gps hook it to the opposite side like the famous cop run video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts