Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
What a joke, 100 bucks first offence, 250 then after? Do you think the Lawers on Youppie Davidsons care? The will still run straigt pipes up and down Cal beaches ruining everyones day just so they can feel important one day out of the week.

I love the opisition.

"Many EPA labels are very difficult to locate on motorcycles," Haris said. "This law could lead to a flurry of tickets for motorcyclists who have legal exhaust systems with EPA labels on their machines that can't be easily seen. It's unreasonable to expect a law enforcement officer to easily locate an EPA label, and it's simply unfair to expect a motorcycle owner to partially dismantle an exhaust system along the roadside to prove the label exists."

Really? When a RUB (rich urban biker) rides by, even a far distance away, you have to stop talking because of his noise machine needs to distrup all around it just so he/or she can fee good about them selfs.

I have pipes on two of my three bikes, but would support a bill that would shoot anone with loud pipes on a bike, due to the constant anoyance I hear from 7am Friday till 7PM on Sunday.

Seriously, I hope they make this work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a joke, 100 bucks first offence, 250 then after? Do you think the Lawers on Youppie Davidsons care? The will still run straigt pipes up and down Cal beaches ruining everyones day just so they can feel important one day out of the week.

I love the opisition.

"Many EPA labels are very difficult to locate on motorcycles," Haris said. "This law could lead to a flurry of tickets for motorcyclists who have legal exhaust systems with EPA labels on their machines that can't be easily seen. It's unreasonable to expect a law enforcement officer to easily locate an EPA label, and it's simply unfair to expect a motorcycle owner to partially dismantle an exhaust system along the roadside to prove the label exists."

Really? When a RUB (rich urban biker) rides by, even a far distance away, you have to stop talking because of his noise machine needs to distrup all around it just so he/or she can fee good about them selfs.

I have pipes on two of my three bikes, but would support a bill that would shoot anone with loud pipes on a bike, due to the constant anoyance I hear from 7am Friday till 7PM on Sunday.

Seriously, I hope they make this work.
Well stated, and... the "F" Word...

South Park Episode Player - South Park: The F Word

·
Registered
875 Posts
glad i don't live in california. i'm sure my muzzy will be loud, but i try to be concious of other people. when i had my harley's i didn't rap the pipes early in the mornings or late at night. i like my neighbors. same with rex. i have never kept a stock exhast on any biker.i am not rich or yuppie, just like to hear my bike.

·
Registered
172 Posts
OK.... We don't get smog checks, don't have catalitic converters, get ubo cheap ins AND get to ride in the HOV\carpool\diamond lane, oh and get to split lanes.

They also let us get away with waking up everyone around us for years. I blame the Yuppies.

JrRick, if you had a pipe on your ride, you arent the iditos I'm talking about. Here in SoCal, they pull the baffles out, then rev them.... all the time.... Friday (casual Friday) through Sunday (gotta cruze PCH and rev at every light).

Best part. These same Yuppies that use clip on pony tailes and wear prefaded leather complained about the only airport we have in Newport Beach enough that the planes had to rerout as not to disturb their mansions.

I love Yuppie logic.

Sentinal, I love that one.

·
Registered
875 Posts
thanks, i love the low powerful rumble of all kinds of bikes. and some of us get carried away sometimes. as i get older i try to respect other poeple more. i wasn't always this way. never was a yuppie, but used to didn;t care what other people thoght. rode my ltd 1000 for about 7 yeras with a kerker 4 into 1 with no canister at all. a lot lot of the guys wouldn't ride next to me. i know my muzzy will be loud if it ever gets here. but i will be careful how i ride so as not to disturb people. most of the time.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
752 Posts
You guys - READ THE ARTICLE.

It says that this law applies to bikes MADE AND REGISTERED IN THE STATE AFTER 2013. Thats still two years from now. So, this will not apply to our 2010 models, and will not apply to 2011 or 2012 models. Nor will it apply to anything older than that.

So I couldnt care less.

On another note, in Northern California, Sears POint race track has been there for around 5 decades. Within the last ten years, a winery opened just across the highway from the race track. They then began complaining about noise on the weekends driving their customers away, and as a result, the local AFM racers now have sound restrictions, and restrictions do not apply only to NASCAR and AMA racing. All because some jerk decided to build a business across the highway from a race track, to capitalize on drawing customers...

·
Registered
172 Posts
So-Crates, in my town we had this alsome outdoor consert arena, one of the best places to see a band. Then home owners around it complained enough so they had to shut bands down at 9pm, and only play conserts durring the summmer fair.

that place and Sears point has been aound for years and were zoned for the sound they produced. Not our bikes, there has allways been laws keeping bikes from waking the dead, we just got away with it. They are just going to inforce a good law.

We will still be able to get pipes, they will just have a "meets sound standards' badge, just like my flowmaster on my 1500 Chevy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
people are always like that. even here in toronto. one of the closest race tracks has been getting a lot of heat from homeowners "close by". they complain that all the noise the cars and bikes make are unbearable. whats funny is that we actually tested to see how much noise they actually hear. heres what we were able to find out. even when cars are drifting (which presumably causes the most noise from all the tires screeching) there is no way they can hear the noise even from the closest house to the track which is still pretty far from the track. in fact the only way they are able to tell that there are cars on the track or drag strip is because they check the schedule of the track and then make someone walk all the way to one of the nearby hills so that they can actually hear the noise and report it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
After the election and Arnold is gone, hopefully we can repeal this stupid law before it ever takes affect. It will put aftermarket companies out of business. Besides, this is absolutely the wrong way to quiet down loud bikes.

Cops need to do their jobs. Stop sitting on their butts with their donuts and radar gun and actually go after the loud Harleys that are the root of this problem. And yeah there are some sportbikes that are loud too. But ultimately if the cops would just go do their job NOW and start ticketing loud bikes, it would help. But I bet half of the loud Harleys out there are owned by the cops.

I have stock pipes and am keeping stock pipes because I like my bike quiet, and that way I avoid the harassment too.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts