Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other morning that my radiator only has 2 of the 3 mounts holding it to the bike. The third has some kind of crappy aluminum tack weld or epoxy that has let go. I can't MIG weld it b/c I don't have the equipment or the knowledge, and I don't have a TIG welder. I have never heard of this happening on one of these bikes before......

Anyone else run into this? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow, 25 views, 2days, and not a single yeah me too, nope never happened, sorry about your bad luck...... WTF Guys!? LMAO :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven't had it happen on mine yet. Which I have only had mine for a month now.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a feeling it was cause by a hard comedown after lofting the front wheel..... I would say no wheelies no worries ;)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O happy day! I got the Z back together Saturday night..... Soooo nice to be on my on bike again. Dads Goldwing just isn't the same!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
O happy day! I got the Z back together Saturday night..... Soooo nice to be on my on bike again. Dads Goldwing just isn't the same!
im sure ur glad to have ur bike back. i bet ur dads goldwing was nice & comfy on the highway though.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
im sure ur glad to have ur bike back. i bet ur dads goldwing was nice & comfy on the highway though.
Yes....but in town it was quite bothersome. I was getting tired of dragging floorboards, and backing that behemoth into parking spaces!

if you had a welder, could you actually weld ???
If the radiator was steel, I could have. IF had I a TIG welder; my father who has been welding for 35+ years would have done it for free.

To answer better IF it was MIG or Stick welding yes, but I have zero experience with a TIG or aluminum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts