Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my brakes to Brembo front and rear , found the adaptor for the rear (thanks comfy sofa)

now looking into Calipers

will the k50s fit the front?

will this fit the rear (with adaptor) spacing is 84mm

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
238 Posts
most BMW calipers are 100mm bolt pattern with 30mm offset, whilst nearly all japanese bikes including ours use a 108mm bolt pattern and 22.5mm offset. So your only OEM choice is going to be GSXR or ZX14r Brembo M4's, or of course aftermarket....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes, those will work, those are off a GSXR1000 since they are gold, if you want silver you need the ones off the GSXR600/750.

I went with the silver as it's more understated, you can also see the ZX14r 310mm Brembo rotors and 5mm spacers used to extend the caliper. If you don't upgrade your rotor, you don't need a spacer, straight swap..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks smart. Iv also found some 2018 gsxr calipers in black which are really smart and come with the master cylinder :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I believe the GSXR's came with the same Nissin 19mm master cylinder as our our bikes do, only difference being the remote reservoir over our integrated reservoir.

If you want a cheap Brembo master, look at the one that comes on the SuperDuke R

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah yeah good point I think it is nissin! What’s is it actually called the Brembo Caliper? Is it the m40?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered some calipers up and they come with the nissin master cylinder. Do know if my clutch leaver will fit it??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just ordered some calipers up and they come with the nissin master cylinder. Do know if my clutch leaver will fit it??
yeah they should but why bother changing them if they are the same master? Plus the GSXR is not going to have the mirror mount, and the reservoir is going to be on a slant to account for the declination of the clip-ons

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wondering. I do like the round pot look As opposed to the standard Z one

·
Registered
488 Posts
Do you get a lot of vibes without counterweights? Looks nice and slim like that, but I had anti-vibe inserts and counterweights and still was a bit buzzy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Do you get a lot of vibes without counterweights? Looks nice and slim like that, but I had anti-vibe inserts and counterweights and still was a bit buzzy.
with the renthal bars I had before the vibes were getting close to being pretty annoying, but with the pro-tapers the vibes are fairly acceptable. I do not like bar ends that add extra width to any bars. Also, I do not ride the streets enough to really care much about vibes, weight savings is a bigger priority for me.

You can get inserts that go inside aftermarket bars to dampen the vibrations without adding width to the bars.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yep I put those fasst co inserts on my crf and my Z. Cut down the buzz considerably

1 - 17 of 17 Posts