Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry you're having trouble man! The only way I was actually able to figure out my wiring, was BECAUSE the aftermarket gear indicator was there. The gear indicator only has 3 wires, (red, black, and white) so I assumed correctly that red was power, black was ground, and white was K-Line, and could easily see which wire colour the gear indicator wires were corresponding to. As mentioned, L-Line isn't used, so I knew that the 4th wire was the L-Line.

You could potentially google a gear indicator for your model, and going off a photo, figure it out that way!

And yes, the unit MUST say that it is KWP2000 compatible. I was using a scanner that simply said "works on all ECU's", and kept getting error. Then I used a bluetooth scanner that was specifically compatible with KWP2000, and got the reading "no stored codes".
sound good thanks a lot , I order on amazon the bluetooth scanner and I now comparing the 2 wiring diagram z1000 2003 and z1000 2007 are you able to confirme me the color wire of you gear indicator with you wiring color , with the wiring diagram I suppose that the red(gear indicator) is on the white/yellow the black one of you gear indicator is one the black/yellow and the white one on the red/yellow ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
sound good thanks a lot , I order on amazon the bluetooth scanner and I now comparing the 2 wiring diagram z1000 2003 and z1000 2007 are you able to confirme me the color wire of you gear indicator with you wiring color , with the wiring diagram I suppose that the red(gear indicator) is on the white/yellow the black one of you gear indicator is one the black/yellow and the white one on the red/yellow ?

That info is already in my previous replies to your question, but to re-iterate. Once again, this is for my 2003 Z1000, originally from the USA (not a Canadian bike).

OBD2 -----------------------I---------------KDS-------------------Gear Indicator
pin4/5 black/blue -------------> yellow/black (Ground) --------- Black
pin 7 brown/white -----------> yellow/red (K-Line) -------------- White
pin 15 white/black -----------> orange (L-Line) -----------------
pin 16 red/black --------------> yellow/white (12V) -------------- Red

·
Registered
8 Posts
That info is already in my previous replies to your question, but to re-iterate. Once again, this is for my 2003 Z1000, originally from the USA (not a Canadian bike).

OBD2 -----------------------I---------------KDS-------------------Gear Indicator
pin4/5 black/blue -------------> yellow/black (Ground) --------- Black
pin 7 brown/white -----------> yellow/red (K-Line) -------------- White
pin 15 white/black -----------> orange (L-Line) -----------------
pin 16 red/black --------------> yellow/white (12V) -------------- Red
thank you 😎

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
DUDES. seriously can't wait for this snow to be gone and to be riding again now. Via sifting through photos of the fuel pump kits, I ordered a kit for the GSXR 600/1000/, since the parts "looked" identical to what the Quantum Fuel Systems rep told me was correct for the 03 Z1000.

I discovered how to take apart the Z1000 fuel pump assembly, I just needed to apply more force, will post a video shortly. The parts fit perfectly. Not sure what the idiots that categorize that **** are doing, but I figured it out none the less.

This is the kit I ordered that fit my 2003 Kawasaki Z1000, model HFP-384-UR2T4

Here's a photo of what my fuel screen looked like:

New screen, pump, and regulator, bike started up instantly. Granted its just at idle, (no load), but the thing hits the Rev limiter SO easy. I'm pretty sure the fuel pump/screen was my overall issue. $156.43 CAD, much better than what the dealer wants ha. Can't wait to ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Z1000
42'000kms
K&N Air filter
Air filter box mod
Danmoto slipons
stock tune/ECU.

Fixed an issue the other week with my fuel breather hoses, and since my bike has never ran better, I've been riding the absolute crap out of it. And so now I have a new issue that has me scratching my head.

After a long ride, I went to gun the throttle and instead of surging forward, the bike just bucked and choked. Long story short, I figured out I could fix the problem for a bit, by flipping the kill switch on/off, while the bike was still coasting.

Once I flip the kill switch off, and the bike is "on" again, it instantly has max power. I might even risk saying, an absurd amount of power. Now that I've been riding this issue for a couple days, I've noticed that the power is gradually fading, until it starts to bog in the high rpms. If I continue to ride, the "usable rpm's" get's smaller and smaller, untill it's choking at 5K instead of 8K. Again, restarting the bike results in instant, full power again. have to restart probably every 20 mins of hard riding.

Thoughts? Is my stator going? Is the fuel pump going? Just seems so weird that restarting, or even just flipping the kill switch restores power instantly.

Any advice would be appreciated!
2003 Z1000
42'000kms
K&N Air filter
Air filter box mod
Danmoto slipons
stock tune/ECU.

Fixed an issue the other week with my fuel breather hoses, and since my bike has never ran better, I've been riding the absolute crap out of it. And so now I have a new issue that has me scratching my head.

After a long ride, I went to gun the throttle and instead of surging forward, the bike just bucked and choked. Long story short, I figured out I could fix the problem for a bit, by flipping the kill switch on/off, while the bike was still coasting.

Once I flip the kill switch off, and the bike is "on" again, it instantly has max power. I might even risk saying, an absurd amount of power. Now that I've been riding this issue for a couple days, I've noticed that the power is gradually fading, until it starts to bog in the high rpms. If I continue to ride, the "usable rpm's" get's smaller and smaller, untill it's choking at 5K instead of 8K. Again, restarting the bike results in instant, full power again. have to restart probably every 20 mins of hard riding.

Thoughts? Is my stator going? Is the fuel pump going? Just seems so weird that restarting, or even just flipping the kill switch restores power instantly.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Hey man I got a 06 zx10r doing the same thing. Have you ever gotten yours fix? If so what was the problem bc I can't find anything related to my problem but your forum. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hey man I got a 06 zx10r doing the same thing. Have you ever gotten yours fix? If so what was the problem bc I can't find anything related to my problem but your forum. Thanks in advance
I posted the fix a few posts up, but It was my fuel pump! Replaced it with a Quantum Fuel Pump, and it absolutely hauls now. Still no power wheelies, but I've narrowed that down to the fact that my clutch is starting to slip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Used a BlueTooth Innova 3211a OBD2 Scanner and it worked great. Unfortunately, no codes. Switched to Scotch double sided tape to attach the socket to the frame. Unfortunately, The seat doesn't close with the OBD2 scanner inside, and I don't feel like cutting the fins off the seat :p But I'm not worried about it, will just make a cap of some kind. View attachment 85122
Brotha i had the same problem. I used your video as a reference to fix my issue. Which was exactly the same. Replace your fuel pump and fuel line. If its the fuel line it wouldn't matter replacing the pump alone, it'll just mess up again. Change both out. Worked for me no problem. Your welcome. Ride safe!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts