Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model Z 1000 2010 - 70 000 km

Bike in neutral (neutral light up) on kickstand - pressing ignition button - Nothing happend
Bike in neutral (neutral light up) kickstand up - pressing ignition button - Nothing happend
Bike in neutral (neutral light up) kickstand up and clutch used - bike start … :cautious:

Bike in neutral (neutral light up) kickstand up clutch realased - bike keep running
Bike in neutral (neutral light up) kisckstand down - bike dieing

Neutral switch seem to work - in neutral it light up and once a gear in it light off
Kickstand seem to work - while in 1st gear pulling it down kill the engine
Clutch seem to work - tested with a multimeter

Also got a second hand relay and tested - same issue (unles am realy unluncky having 2 relay with dead diods)

Any idea ?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Could it be the sensor for the kickstand?

Or am I reading your excellent presentation wrong?

The day I bought my used bike in to be upgraded, the mechanic said '"do you want me to disable the kick stand sensor, sometimes they **** up ..."

I didnt but ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be the sensor for the kickstand?

Or am I reading your excellent presentation wrong?

The day I bought my used bike in to be upgraded, the mechanic said '"do you want me to disable the kick stand sensor, sometimes they **** up ..."

I didnt but ...
The kickstand sensor seem ok checked it with a multimeter for position on / off -- In first gear when i put it down it kill the engine has intended

It look like even with the neutral light up the system doesn t recognize that am in neutral and so it make me pull up the kickstand and clutch to start the engine like if i was in 1st gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS : Electric diagram for starter show up that in gear you need both clutch OFF and kickstand ON -OR- neutral ON (( electrical continuity from + to - ) to have and ignition and star the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts