Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i am havining a cringing /chattering sound upon letting the clutch go in 1st gear, I am debating myself on doing the drilling mod on the inner clutch basket or upgrading to slipperclutch. My question now is has anyone done both, or does it make any sense me wanting to do both on my '15 Z1000? Or does the slipperclutch uograde fixes the oilflow issues aswell?

Keen on seeing some input, fire away

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already looking into prices over here. Cheers for the help sofar

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have comitted to slipperclutch!
Parts have been ordered.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my case I ordered new friction plates aswell , see what the steelplates look like when I open the bike. If they are burnt I'll order some new steelplates too.

Cant wait to test the slipperclutch and see for myself if the upgrade is hyped or not

·
Registered
761 Posts
I dont know what policy your local spares shop runs but, anything you dont use you could take back as long as you keep the packaging or, not break open the bag it comes in....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the parts from germany... saves me 70 euros. Wont be returning it anyway. Everything is overpriced here in the netherlands

·
Registered
7 Posts
@invitro I'm having the same cringing noise especially when doing more "sporty" launches and I'm considering upgrading to slipper clutch, but I'm currently kinda blocked by this pandemic lock-down crap... I'm curious how your upgrade will go, as I plan to do it soon too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@arsenal I will will let you know how it goes, and ehat the end result is like. What year is your bike?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Didn't had the time to do it, and my nate didn't have the room in his shed to do so.
It will go in this saturday, no way out anymore!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah - that looks to be everything! dont hesitate to get in contact if your not sure...
@comfysofa , i sent u my number in a private message, send me a replay as i probably will need a little bit of advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i done the slipper clutch mod on my z1000 sx 2013 about 8 weeks ago....i got all the inner slipper clutch parts off 2015 versys 1000 on ebay for £67 the outer basket is the same.
it was from breakers and said it had just 2000mls on it...i can pull it in with one finger and it,s super smooth..great mod

·
Registered
48 Posts
chattering clutch is usually from warped steel plates from hard launches or learners. The slipper is not going to cure that, you need new steel plates and the correct clutch stack height.

The clutch mod was mostly in regards to sticking friction plates, supposedly because of lack of lubrication. My bike never exhibited that, like ever, so I'm not quite convinced that, that was due to a design flaw or more to do with people using car oils and going +3k miles in between changes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts