Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, please excuse my ignorance on this but I’m trying to fit some new Oxford bar end mirrors onto my newly purchased 07 gen2 Z1000. Unscrewed the bar ends expecting to find a hollow bar for the new mirrors to slot into with the expanding ‘anchor’ fittings. Instead I found, what appears to be a welded thread!!! Am I missing something?? The YouTube videos seem to show people just whipping the original ends off and slotting in the new mirrors. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The best way to secure the mirrors is to remove the piece that Oxford supplied that is supposed to slide in to the bar.

Now bolt the mirror to the stock insert. You might have to use a spacer or correctly sized washers to make sure the mirrors set outside of the bar.

Kawasaki basically gave you permanent expanding anchors, so use them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you can look up an Oxford adapter that works for our bars I know a couple other companies like puig offer them. Or just get a bolt that fits the threads like dude said above and run that through the bar end using washers where needed. You could even take one of your bar ends to the hardware store to make sure you get the right size bolt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts