Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone use one of these seats? they look amazing. curious if it is significantly more comfortable then the stock seat and if is changes the rider position? i don’t want anymore forward lean.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just my personal opinion,but I dislike that 'overstuffed' look of custom seats. To my eyes they spoil the lines of the bike and really stand out as an extra,but not in a good way.

For practical reasons if you regularly do big miles,I can understand the need for better comfort and although they seem well made,I'd rather just get off the bike every now and then to give my arse a break. :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the pavilion seat looks a little bulky. i do like the back stop in the front seat and the Z logo. i’m needing something easier on my low back. i think the bagster seat looks better then most aftermarket seats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hear ya ZM. I rode for almost 4 hours early today and around the 100 mile mark I start feeling the need to stretch my legs and give my butt a break! Maybe if I crunched big miles in one go I'd be looking extra comfort,perhaps I'd even ride longer if the seat was more plush.
Some folk have cut away the stock foam and fitted a gel pad,that may be an alternative.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm happy with the Corbin seat on my gen1, 1,000 mile + trips are doable.

I've always preferred Sargent seats but none were available so I went with Corbin, it works well.

I've heard horror stories about their tech support but luckily I haven't needed them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Bagster seat is one piece including the rear? Can someone suggest a seat that is the rider only? I don't need nice pillion set at this time, I have a cowl on the back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Bagster seat is one piece including the rear? Can someone suggest a seat that is the rider only? I don't need nice pillion set at this time, I have a cowl on the back.
I think the rider's seat and the pillion seat are separate items,as per stock,but I don't think you can buy the rider's seat only.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
had an email back from bagster. thought i would share the info. they are very fast to reply to emails. looks like they value customer service. at least so far 😎

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeesh. My Sargent seat is starting to crack. Since it takes this long I'll probably wait until winter to buy one.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just my personal opinion,but I dislike that 'overstuffed' look of custom seats. To my eyes they spoil the lines of the bike and really stand out as an extra,but not in a good way.

For practical reasons if you regularly do big miles,I can understand the need for better comfort and although they seem well made,I'd rather just get off the bike every now and then to give my arse a break. :D
I'm with you man.... it might look fine on a Harley, but on our bikes, not to my eyes. I suppose if you mainly tour on your bike and seat comfort is your utmost priority then I suppose I understand. While I do not ever use my bike for long distance, I did once get fooled into an 8 hour ride up to central California and back, and I had zero complaints about the stock seat. My main complaint was the throttle return spring, way too stiff to hold at a constant position for hours on end. I really wish I could somehow replace it with something that has a bit less effort to pull and maintain.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My main complaint was the throttle return spring, way too stiff to hold at a constant position for hours on end. I really wish I could somehow replace it with something that has a bit less effort to pull and maintain.
I use "Cramp Busters, the small size and it works very well. It allows me to stretch my fingers and rotate my wrist to prevent the cramping pain without letting off the power. I lost one on a trip once and stopped into the next town motorcycle shop and bought one they had in stock. It really helps me. There several different manufactures now, not really sure sitting at this keyboard which brand I'm currently using.

Original Motorcycle Cruise Assist - Crampbuster

"Throttle Rockers" is another brand

Throttle Rocker – Motorcycle Cruise Control and Assist

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I went ahead and ordered the bagster seat off of eBay. The seller was chrome burner. I’ve never done business with them but it had the eBay guarantee so I figure I should be OK. I know the look isn’t for everybody but with my lower back problems I just need something as comfortable as possible. It cost about 400 bucks out the door delivered. I’ll post some pics once I get it and get it installed. They disagreed with the response back from Bagster about the bultex foam. The guy that replied said he’s about 100 kg and has never had any issues with the seat. He said that they specifically want the bultex foam seats as they offer the best comfort over long rides and for heavier riders.

·
Registered
416 Posts
So I went ahead and ordered the bagster seat off of eBay. The seller was chrome burner. I’ve never done business with them but it had the eBay guarantee so I figure I should be OK. I know the look isn’t for everybody but with my lower back problems I just need something as comfortable as possible. It cost about 400 bucks out the door delivered. I’ll post some pics once I get it and get it installed. They disagreed with the response back from Bagster about the bultex foam. The guy that replied said he’s about 100 kg and has never had any issues with the seat. He said that they specifically want the bultex foam seats as they offer the best comfort over long rides and for heavier riders.

View attachment 85768
ChromeBurner is a reputable shop from the Netherlands. I have ordered numerous euro-only riding gear from them and I usually get it within 2-3 days with international priority, though I have only ever ordered in-stock items from them, not sure how well they handle or keep on top of back-orders..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Conflicting information between the maker and the supplier,there ZM.

You'd like to believe the folk who manufacture the seat know what they are talking about?

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 85768
Chrome burner is good, will be interested to see the fitment of your seat... I bought a bagster seat via chromeburner last year and the fitment wasn't great. I've read mixed things about this, most fitment issues can be fixed with a file supposedly. In my case I ended up taking photos and sending it back but customer service was on point and they issued a quick refund.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Conflicting information between the maker and the supplier,there ZM.

You'd like to believe the folk who manufacture the seat know what they are talking about?
well, everyone has a different take on things these days. so i find it hard what truth am i really getting vs someone’s perception from a different angle. take tires for example. ten people will tell you a specific tire is great and the next ten people give them a thumbs down. the bultex is supposedly a more comfortable, probably softer less density material, but over time probably won’t last as long as a greater density material which is what i’m guessing is in the standard seat. possibly this why the german bagster rep advised against it. or maybe he wanted me to buy directly from bagster and not the ebay seller. i know, i’m being cynical here 🤭. on the other hand, the ebay seller did offer to sell me the non-bultex seat at some later date when they restocked a few months down the road. bagster is about 2 months out right now on that seat also. as much as ebay sellers fear negative reviews, i rolled the dice and figured they would not want to risk their reputation impacting future customer sales selling me an inferior product. so they have more to lose buy selling me a seat that isn’t good quality and selling me what ever they have in stock at the same time. classic sales tactic. so those reasons and the fact the bultex is a premium option that cost more then the regular seat, made sense i have a good chance it will work out. this particular sale came with the ebay satisfaction money back guarantee for what that is worth. it’s a risk for sure and i may not be 💯 % satisfied, but maybe 80%? 90%?? not sure where i draw the line any more with my expectations these days. i mean, i needed a replacement visor lens for my old shark rsr2 helmet. looked all over the internet trying to get a shark original. these lenses are 3mm to 4.5mm thick, class 1 optics from shark and the optical clarity is phenomenal. so i finally found an original from FC moto out of germany. the lens color is blue, not clear like i wanted, but i bought it anyway. so the lens shows up today and when i get it out of the box. the plastic bag the lens comes in has holes all over in it. looks like it was dragged all across the floor with a broom. so i open it up and it’s filthy. spent an hour cleaning it. found a good deep 6 mm long scratch on the right side of it. so i’m like do i send it back and eat more shipping cost or just live with it? bought the helmet back in 2008 for $600. i figure i need to be grateful i was able to find one at all vs nothing. moral of my story. sometimes i have to eat a crap sandwich in life, but at least i can still use my old helmet again. guess i need to keep practicing gratitude in my life. if i don’t, i think i’ll never be able to be happy. so i keep telling myself 🤔

ps. bagster has all kinds of color options, trim and custom embroidery. i’m impressed with the design of all their seats. i did go for the bright green accents, embroidered Z logo on black vinyl. just like the pics above. every time i look at their seats, it just puts a smile on my face. silly as that probably sounds about a seat. 😂

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use "Cramp Busters, the small size and it works very well. It allows me to stretch my fingers and rotate my wrist to prevent the cramping pain without letting off the power. I lost one on a trip once and stopped into the next town motorcycle shop and bought one they had in stock. It really helps me. There several different manufactures now, not really sure sitting at this keyboard which brand I'm currently using.

Original Motorcycle Cruise Assist - Crampbuster

"Throttle Rockers" is another brand

Throttle Rocker – Motorcycle Cruise Control and Assist
I bought one of these to try out today. A great little piece of kit,very effective in easing throttle hand ache. I rode for around 3 hours today and on the steady throttle parts it worked really well,not aching hand at all.

I noticed sometimes coming off the throttle for the brakes,the heel of my hand had a tendency to roll on the throttle for an instant,but I daresay that's just me getting used to the thing,maybe I should move it out of the way when not required.

Thanks for the tip Jim. :cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol….i ordered mine a few days ago after jimz posted. great to know it works well. did you go for the wide or narrow version? i did the narrow. cb1.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts