Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
looks like a good time. we have our version of deals gap here. they call it 341 or push mountain. people come from all over to ride it. there have been a few people killed. flatlanders come in and try to use both lanes doesn't always work out well. noticed you were staying in your lane good for you.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I am a firm believer in staying in your lane. Although things happen but I really don't like too. Also we have several people lose their lives over here every year. although so far we haven't had a fatality yet for this year, I hope that we can keep that trend up. but like you say alot of flat landers come here and think they can run like us or like MotoGP and thats when they get hurt. the only cornering ability that most of them have is turning into their local wal-mart. lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Awesome vid! You all looked nice and smooth through. Thanks for not adding any music to the background and just had the sound of the bikes.

How do you like the power of the 636 compared to the Z?

Seeing those DRZ's sure bring back some memories. My previous bike was DRZ400SM and man was it fun in the canyons. No where near the power of the Z though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
OK, Im jealous! I spent the day chained to my desk at work... Ugh.

THat said, I gotta ask - and Im not giving you grief or anything...but do you guys just ride the same set of corners over and over?? (For all I know, its the only set around for miles and miles...)

Otherwise, great vid! You look smooth out there!

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
That was only 3 of 318 curves. It would be hard to get all the turns:eek::eek:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Excellent, Thanks for the taste of the Smokies. I sure do miss that place, back when my M3 was new it was a lot of fun. Now, that I have my Z and live in Cali I'll have to be satisfied with Malibu, Mulholland, Little and Big Tujunga Canyons, PCH etc. Lots of fun but not nearly as beautiful as the Dragon and the Smokey Mountains. I'll get back there some day but I'm not sure they will let me bring my Zed on the plane!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The power of the 636 doesn't compare to my Z. It would be closer on a stock bike. But great bike all in all I really like it. But not enough to trade. lol

No like zephyrboy738 said there is 318 switch backs in 11 miles. But this is where a few of my friends were sitting. They shoot pics for 129slayer.com here are some of the pics from that day.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks like fun! Isn't Deals Gap smothered by the cops anymore these days? I remember seeing someplace that they run totally unmarked cars there.. not even so much as a spotlight or unusual license plate... they run AT the speed limit waiting for a bike to pass, then go after them.

There's a road here in SoCal like that... Ortega Hwy. Cops are so bad there now a lot of people won't go near it anymore. One gut got a ticket for 4 mph over.

I just checked this morning... Angeles Crest Hwy still isn't open all the way through yet.

Rob

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah just what the cops need, sports cars. I think cops should all be driving hybrids. Let's save the taxpayers some money rather than raping them like they do now (with tickets and their gas-guzzling V8's).

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
as far as the flatlanders comment... i live in florida with zero good roads and i guarantee i could come out there and ride with you guys... not to be a dick but i wasnt that impressed corner speed were pretty slow.. the guys on the motards would have eaten you up on the inside just saying...

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Watching this video is making me want spring already :(
yeah i hate this time of year. getting too cold to ride much longer. when it starts getting under 40 F. its too cold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts