Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here. I just got an 03 z1000 and the fi light stays on all the time. I pulled the codes and it was number 15, the atmospheric pressure sensor. could anybody tell me where exactly that is? Also when riding the bike around 8k rpm the bike starts stuttering, could this be caused by this sensor going bad? When I got the bike the guy told me he took that little cover that goes over the air filter right under the back side of the tank off. I put that back on but the code is still there. I have searched on here for some guidance and also checked the parts phish but I cannot find it, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It's probably the air temperature sensor. It's located under the fuel tank on top of the air box cover. It has a really ****ty locking mechanism that sometimes gets loose. Make sure its snugly installed. Should be easy to spot, since it's the only wire going to the air box cover.

At least that's what came to mind after I read your post.

3B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input 3Bones, I'll check that out tonight too. I found the service manual and found the atmospheric pressure sensor in the wiring diagram, I also finally found it on the parts phish, there is actually two of them, one in the tail section and one mounted to the frame under the tank. I checked the one in the tail section last night and I didn't see anything wrong with it. The connections didn't look bad or burnt up. I haven't checked the one under the tank yet, but I will be doing that this afternoon. I hope its just disconnected and not bad, they're $110 a piece!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts