Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My ninja is more "gen 3" , but this will still work for your bike. This "Active" bracket has the mount for the abs sensor, so no problem there. Ive seen a lot of Japanese pics with this rear caliper swap, but none in english.

This is the specific bracket for your bike. Its about 26.00 more than the one I used on my 11-13 bike. No idea what is different, but whatever...odd. No idea what might be different. If you search the site, you will see the 11-13 mount.

ACTIVE : [1477014B]

Оттуда вам понадобится суппорт. Brembo продает суппорт с поршнем 32 мм или суппорт 34 мм. Я закончил с обоими. У 32-мм педали более жесткое ощущение. 34 мягче, но мощнее. Думаю, мне нравится 32-миллиметровая версия с нашим стоковым задним главным цилиндром. Это 140.00 или около того с сайта webike. Дешевле, если с американского сайта. Доставка в США дорогая, но быстрая. Думаю, мой заказ занял 4 дня.

Я не совсем уверен, как это может работать с системой пресса, но тормоза НАМНОГО лучше стандартных и выглядят намного лучше.

Почти невозможно найти ХОРОШУЮ, актуальную информацию, касающуюся размера поршня заднего суппорта и передаточных чисел главного цилиндра. Я все еще разбираюсь, но пока что 1/2 дюйма и 32 мм, кажется, работают хорошо. Хорошее ощущение и плавная мощность.

У меня уже был послепродажный задний шланг, и он заработал после того, как я закрутил штуцер суппорта. Я бы хотел, чтобы он был на 1/2 дюйма длиннее, но пока все в порядке.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
My ninja is more "gen 3" , but this will still work for your bike. This "Active" bracket has the mount for the abs sensor, so no problem there. Ive seen a lot of Japanese pics with this rear caliper swap, but none in english.

This is the specific bracket for your bike. Its about 26.00 more than the one I used on my 11-13 bike. No idea what is different, but whatever...odd. No idea what might be different. If you search the site, you will see the 11-13 mount.

ACTIVE : [1477014B]

From there, you need a caliper. Brembo sells a 32mm piston caliper, or a 34mm caliper. I ended up with both. The 32mm has a harder pedal feel. The 34 is softer, but has more power. I think I like the 32mm version with our stock, rear master cylinder. It 140.00, or so from the webike site. Cheaper if you get it from an American site. Shipping is expensive, to the usa, but fast. I think my order took 4 days.

I'm not totally sure how this might work with an abs system, but the brake is MUCH better than stock, and looks a hell of a lot better, too.

Its damn near impossible to find GOOD, up to date information related to the rear caliper piston size and master cylinder ratios. Im still figuring things out, but so far that 1/2" and 32mm appears to work well. Good feel and smooth power.

I already had an aftermarket rear hose, and it worked, after I twisted the caliper fitting. I wish it were 1/2 inch longer, but its ok, for now.
Hello, bro!
Can you please replace the link or any information about black bracket?
Can't find anywhere...

·
Registered
438 Posts
i’ve read when replacing calipers on an ABS equipped motorcycle, it can falsely trigger the ABS warning lamp. i’ve read that on a few suppliers website, but also still investigating myself if it’s true. anyone else come across this? here is a response from carprimoto question/answer section on aftermarket brembo calipers. they say the ABS pump is designed to flow fluid to the OEM calipers. if the caliper volume is changed it throws off the ABS pump. probably what creates the warning lamp to go off. now, their response is for the front calipers not the rear on this particular post, but does bring up the question if replacing the calipers should you disconnect the ABS pump and do this for race applications only?

·
Registered
415 Posts
The Agras is made to order so you will be waiting for a fair bit. Though the Agras is the one I originally wanted to get because there is an option to replace the stock link bar with a billet unit (pictured), since the original Kawi one is made of steel and very heavy for the limited function it serves. But then I priced it out, for both the caliper adapter and the link bar, and it came out to nearly $400 USD shipped, plus a 1-2 month wait, whereas the Active unit (non ABS model) was only $150 shipped. I might still buy the Agras link bar later on, or design one and have my CNC guy cut it out for me, through I don't think that route would be any cheaper...

·
Registered
15 Posts
i’ve read when replacing calipers on an ABS equipped motorcycle, it can falsely trigger the ABS warning lamp. i’ve read that on a few suppliers website, but also still investigating myself if it’s true. anyone else come across this? here is a response from carprimoto question/answer section on aftermarket brembo calipers. they say the ABS pump is designed to flow fluid to the OEM calipers. if the caliper volume is changed it throws off the ABS pump. probably what creates the warning lamp to go off. now, their response is for the front calipers not the rear on this particular post, but does bring up the question if replacing the calipers should you disconnect the ABS pump and do this for race applications only?

View attachment 85787
I am not the expert, but when the wheel turn normally, ABS never works, only when wheel blocked in braking, the pump push liquid back to the master cylinder, so the pressure on calipers pistons fall down. Of course there are differences between 30 mm and 34 mm pistons, but pressure will become less when ABS do the job in both cases.
But there are no reason and way for ABS block to flow the fluid, it have a sensor on a wheel.
And really, the size of pistons on ABS pump designed to size of pistons on brakes.
But situation will be the same if you use 30 mm front callipers and 19 mm master cylinder - if you ride hard in warm weather, after 10 minutes it's will be difficult to press brakes.
And if the difference between size of stock and HPK rear calipers is big - it wouldn't work correctly for case unblocking wheel only.
On Caprimoto said that Brembo don't recommend GP4-RS for ABS system, maybe because of piston's size 30 mm, I guess. But I have friends with gp4-rs who never mind about that.

On one site I read that CNC p4 .484(very pretty calipers) include Pads not compatible with ABS system, but I think it's bullshit.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I saw that, too, from that web site and I'm not sure what to think. I could argue with myself here if I wanted to.

It may be that it's easier to just say, "not recommended" rather than testing this for safe operation, and what a nightmare that would be.

Antic, will you follow up on this, too?

The change we are making here is with the caliper pistons, and that's it, as far as abs is concerned. Our stock caliper has a single, 38mm piston.

We upgraded to calipers that would have either 32 or 34mm pistons...but that's pistons...with an s. The brembo uses 2 pistons. Not 1, like stock. I changed master cylinders from the stock 14mm piston to a 12.8mm piston, too. I'm not sure if anyone else did.

That's it for the facts and figures. This would be about a different leverage ratio in the abs hydraulic system more so than a hardware change.

So, how does that abs system work? Pads that grip harder would be easier to lock up, but the system is going to catch that, isnt it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw that, too, from that web site and I'm not sure what to think. I could argue with myself here if I wanted to.

It may be that it's easier to just say, "not recommended" rather than testing this for safe operation, and what a nightmare that would be.

Antic, will you follow up on this, too?

The change we are making here is with the caliper pistons, and that's it, as far as abs is concerned. Our stock caliper has a single, 38mm piston.

We upgraded to calipers that would have either 32 or 34mm pistons...but that's pistons...with an s. The brembo uses 2 pistons. Not 1, like stock. I changed master cylinders from the stock 14mm piston to a 12.8mm piston, too. I'm not sure if anyone else did.

That's it for the facts and figures. This would be about a different leverage ratio in the abs hydraulic system more so than a hardware change.

So, how does that abs system work? Pads that grip harder would be easier to lock up, but the system is going to catch that, isnt it?
At the moment I have no changes to brakes, just going to make them.
I have Brembo Corsa Corta master cylinders, and waiting for calipers and discs from sunny Italy already.
Probably I will change rear caliper too.
ABS is different on different bikes. In case with cornering ABS it checks flow.

".....Since 2014, the Z1000 has continued to evolve in that Kawasaki has made constant refinements to fuelling, suspension, and safety equipment, adding things along the way like an IMU with cornering ABS in 2017....."

"....Outside of the Z1000 getting a little less weird looking (and hopefully more comfortable), the big news here is the IMU and cornering ABS...."

I know on C-ABS on z1000sx from 2017, I will be surprised if my z1000 2017 has C-ABS.

2016 model has abs pump 16082-0722
2017 has ABS pupm 16082-0773
2017 Sx has ABS pump 16082-0775/0774
But this information doesn't says more that part numbers are different, the Kawasaki likes playing with numbers.
But there no information about KIBS on z1000 on the official site. I think that copy-pasted news are bullshit.

So you changed rear caliper. What you can say now about work of ABS? How does it work now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
41 - 49 of 49 Posts