Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
WOW. I hoped for some long post but I just dont have anything else to say....cant wait to see it installed!

I know mine is nothing compared with this but it sure works better than stock. What pads did it come with? The oens that came with mine are pretty average.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No, just bolted it in and bled it....im not ****ting you - literally took 5 mins to bleed..not even that...

Anyway - 4th journey to work and its bedding in fine. Sintered pads. If i press hard....it locks up...perfect...just what i wanted.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If I did not have my air compressor bleed system I think id still be out there trying to bleed mine. Jimz i s**t you not, I tried everything. I felt like a fool. I tried every way we are taught and nothing happened. 13 seconds with the air compressor thing, and it was good.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Dammit here goes 1044!!!

I should have been more clear on the bleeding thing I used. If you own an air compressor...stop.....now go order one of these. Not just for your motorcycle. Its crazy-easy to bleed car brakes with this and you only need one person to do the job. You will more than pay for the tool in one use. https://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

Its overkill on a motorcycle, but it really works. Instead of pumping, by hand this uses the pressure from the compressor to suck the fluid through. It moves a ton of fluid. You can bleed a car in about 30 minutes. For the bike it takes longer to clean the tool than to use it. I should have spent more money for better quality but the idea is sound....and the tool did do a good job.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It does look complicated, but its really not. Hook one end to the compressor. Small hose side to the bleeder. Pull trigger, and its done. Dirty fluid goes into the attached cylinder.

I would have never considered using one, but this new caliper would not bleed in the normal way and I had the tool so I could do the cars. You know how little fluid we have in the rear brake? I ran a full can through it, and still nothing..I needed to remove the caliper and get the bleeder bolt higher. This avoided THAT.

I think the abs pump is 1200.00 for our bike so if this 20.00 dollar toil motivates soemone to bleed the system, by all means get one. It was great with my c14 clutch too. That master cylinder moves so little fluid that the pump and release way just does not work well.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts