Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey rcannon..... Just turned up in the post...chuffed to say the least.... Reckon I'm gonna have to upgrade the master cylinder too... This think I'd say is 20-30% bigger.... Chunky as ****...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
WOW. I hoped for some long post but I just dont have anything else to say....cant wait to see it installed!

I know mine is nothing compared with this but it sure works better than stock. What pads did it come with? The oens that came with mine are pretty average.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No idea what pads are in there......not much more to say at the moment...once its fitted ill be able to give a bit more info....looks trick as **** though...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Again, probably apples vs gold plated oranges comparison, but mine has "feel" that just was not there with the stock caliper.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yep... If didn't have a 0% PayPal account then I wouldn't be getting a unit as posh!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have that same 0% account...hum......Then again, a person cant run the rear caliper you have without the good front calipers. That would look stupid. I would need both.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well. You know what to do... Getting to the zed in a bit... Some work on the hyper first... New fork seal kit (blown) and sticky calipers...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, that literally took 20 mins from start to finish... Bleeding took about 5 mins... Not been out on it yet as its raining... Foot brake pedal feels solid.... See what goes...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Did you leave the caliper bolted up during the bleeding process or did you rotate around by hand to clear air pockets if they exist ?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No, just bolted it in and bled it....im not ****ting you - literally took 5 mins to bleed..not even that...

Anyway - 4th journey to work and its bedding in fine. Sintered pads. If i press hard....it locks up...perfect...just what i wanted.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If I did not have my air compressor bleed system I think id still be out there trying to bleed mine. Jimz i s**t you not, I tried everything. I felt like a fool. I tried every way we are taught and nothing happened. 13 seconds with the air compressor thing, and it was good.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Never used anything like that.... Just a tube going back into the reservoir... That's it...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Dammit here goes 1044!!!

I should have been more clear on the bleeding thing I used. If you own an air compressor...stop.....now go order one of these. Not just for your motorcycle. Its crazy-easy to bleed car brakes with this and you only need one person to do the job. You will more than pay for the tool in one use. https://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

Its overkill on a motorcycle, but it really works. Instead of pumping, by hand this uses the pressure from the compressor to suck the fluid through. It moves a ton of fluid. You can bleed a car in about 30 minutes. For the bike it takes longer to clean the tool than to use it. I should have spent more money for better quality but the idea is sound....and the tool did do a good job.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
It does look complicated, but its really not. Hook one end to the compressor. Small hose side to the bleeder. Pull trigger, and its done. Dirty fluid goes into the attached cylinder.

I would have never considered using one, but this new caliper would not bleed in the normal way and I had the tool so I could do the cars. You know how little fluid we have in the rear brake? I ran a full can through it, and still nothing..I needed to remove the caliper and get the bleeder bolt higher. This avoided THAT.

I think the abs pump is 1200.00 for our bike so if this 20.00 dollar toil motivates soemone to bleed the system, by all means get one. It was great with my c14 clutch too. That master cylinder moves so little fluid that the pump and release way just does not work well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, that literally took 20 mins from start to finish... Bleeding took about 5 mins... Not been out on it yet as its raining... Foot brake pedal feels solid.... See what goes...

Looks awesome....thinking of doing this myself.
What braked did you use and what caliper?

regards
/Felix

21 - 40 of 40 Posts