Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with a local machine shop to make an aluminum diamond plate piece that will go over the raised part on our undertails and possibly surround the tail light. Would anybody else be interested in these? You'd have to take your under tray off and fit the peice to it and rivet it or bolt it to the piece as you go from bottom to top.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/enricovespa1/ph.jpg

03 04 05 06 Z1000 Z 1000 Under Tail Fairing Plastic - eBay (item 270685216387 end time Jan-27-11 05:44:01 PST)

I decided I'm going to make it myself, but I'll make a few extra for other people if they want em. Imagine the diamond plate, like on the first picture, covering the raised area on the undertail and surrounding the light. I'll drill the holes for the plate bracket, but the key hole and the six plastic rivets that hold it to the tail section will still be exposed. Should look bad ***, and increase visibility from the rear for any cager that isn't paying attention. They always get transfixed by shiny things.:D

I'm trying to get them to cost under $200 a piece, that's why I'm making them myself. Machine shop wanted to charge mucho to tool up for it, so the first one would've cost me thousands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts