Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thermostat housing leak...I fixed
Waterpump seals leaking oil through the weephole. Just had this fixed (at dealer under warranty) less than 300 miles ago and low and behold it has returned! Bike doesn't even have 2000 miles yet.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nope mine has been rock solid and trouble free. Sorry to hear it though, hope the dealership makes good on your issues though. The down time sucks!

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I had the same problem on my 07. had to fix it 3 time before the problem was fixed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same problem on my 07. had to fix it 3 time before the problem was fixed.
Did they replace the oil seal and mechanical seal all 3 times...or was it something else ? (looking at the diagram of the waterpump I don't know what else it could be) thks

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Is it leaking oil or antifreeze? Mine was leaking antifreeze, but I replaced all internal parts. The key is to make sure to put the seals in facing the right way so they don't leak.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's leaking oil through...

the weephole (not coolant). I generally won't ever send my bike to the dealer for warranty work...but my buddys convinced me to since it's the second issue with the bike and I took care of the first one (thermo housing gasket). They won't pay for the parts if I do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad nobody else is having any problems because...

I really like the bike and I'm going to talk to the GM of Dealership about exchanging out for a new one. Never have I had these issues on a new bike...or used one for that. All the Jap bikes I've owned were pretty much "bullet proof" in the past and leak free.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have almost 5k miles on my Ninja 1K. I've had a city light burn out and the signal relay become unattached but other than that its been solid.

Hope you get your issues resolved.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have almost 5k miles on my Ninja 1K. I've had a city light burn out and the signal relay become unattached but other than that its been solid.

Hope you get your issues resolved.
Thanks. I'm going out of town for 5 days next week and am going to drop it off at the dealership 1 more time before I leave. I've got the bike perfectly set up for my use/style and hate to start all over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts