Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, right now I'm riding my brothers 2016 z1000sx an I have been for the past 3 seasons. The time to give the bike back will come soon ;( anyways, I own an sv650s and a klr650 and will be buying a fast road bike as well, but the budget is limited. The way the market is here I can afford the early models with the 1043 engine. Or...do I get a cbr1000rr 2004-2007( a friend sugested this model as the best for road use blade) and stick on some higher clipons and lower rearsets. I haven't rode one of those, I only rode the OG blade 900, as I really wanted to buy one. Anyway, I know everybody loves a this vs. that thread :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Depends on what you want and the way you ride,you are the only one who really knows that.

I rode a ZX10R up until last year and I bought a Z1000 to get me away from the bigger numbers on the speedo. Triple digits on a sportsbike is easy,on a naked it's much harder work,so I'm much less likely to bother.
This is a plan which has more or less worked for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I ride plenty and just about anything, so jack of all trades kinda thing. It`s my(will be) my road bike...for the odd trackday I use the SV. I guess what I wanna know if the bottom end power is much less on a well zx10r in this case?

·
Registered
600 Posts
suggest comparing both dyno reports between models and let the data give you an answer. i’ve owned a 2012 cbr 1000 with plenty of engine torque but some people could say it’s still not enough. that’s why i would use the data to make my determination if i couldn’t demo the bikes.

here is the report for a gen 4.

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts