Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
well looks like they have seen pictures of our bikes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
well looks like they have seen pictures of our bikes.
No kidding. That looks like a pretty clear case of copy and paste.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It is VERY similiar to the Z1000 style wise. I definately think a Gen 3 is better looking than what was shown in the article (hate the look of the Gen 4's). I would consider one if the following were met.

1) Better gas mileage than a Gen 3.
2) Bigger tank than a Gen 3.
3) Equal to or greater HP & torque
4) It comes with a slipper clutch (have one on my GSXR 750 and I love it)

I'll be watching this one......

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is VERY similiar to the Z1000 style wise. I definately think a Gen 3 is better looking than what was shown in the article (hate the look of the Gen 4's). I would consider one if the following were met.

As will I! I really like Suzuki bikes. Really depends on what boxes it ticks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Same here.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
If they are doing the ole "tune our supersport bike motor for midrange" gimmick I can't imagine it will be as nice as the Zs with their low end grunt. That would be a deal killer for me like a FZ-1K.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used to own a gsr600(naked gsxr600) and I loved the bike. Was looking at the virus 1000 conversion kit for the GSXR 1000 before i bought the zed. Cost of importing all the bits and labour put me off of it.. But if its comes out to look like this then ummmm, I think my zed will be going bye bye.

my old gsr so you can see where i was coming from.

·
Registered
134 Posts
^^because he was saying about the look am sure the exhaust has the highest percentage of that "look"
That is all on me...wow I can believe I did not notice the similarity of the 2 bikes exhausts to the one posted. To be fair I am recovering from an ugly summer flu and am approximately 40% dumber this week from lack of sleep and cough meds lol.

I am interested in hearing back from them...I really like that exhaust.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
that old gsr is a mini b-king
oh and let us know.. create new thread about taylormade exhaust.. but i think its not the "taylorMade" company that made it.. its overseas
Taylormade style maybe?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hmmm....I like that too...They ship to the U.S. but for the price and hassle I am not sure it is worth it. If TaylorMade does not respond with an option (which I am not expecting them to as the exhaust in the video was a foreign knock off) I will probably go with M4 Slip ons or Delkevic Minis so I can have more sound and heel clearance.

I agree with you and BadBoyBilly, if the Suzuki Made similar power and torque but offered more mileage and range it may be cause for an upgrade but I would let them be on the road for a year before I took the plunge. I love my Z so much, hanging onto it and waiting won't be hard.

·
Registered
331 Posts
What the heck exhaust is that? It's not a Taylormade Exhaust. It LOOKS like a Taylormade. Back in the day (circa mid 2000's) they made crap exhausts in my opinion. People used to complain all the time on the Suzuki forums about the rivets falling out, etc.

From what I can tell there's a "OPOWER Exhaust System Technology" sticker on the exhaust shield. My Google searches are coming up empty. My guess is that it's a custom made exhaust that was done by an exhaust shop...... I dunno....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts