Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mint condition set of Akrapovic CF slip ons with about 4,000mi on them. Removed from my 2015 as I sold it with the OEM exhaust back on.

I'm in the Toronto Canada area but, have the original packaging and can ship. Complete with the CF hangars, springs and pipe inserts.

Asking $700usd or $950 cad

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Good luck with the sale - one question - when you modify the pipes in Canada is it difficult to sell it due to Emission Regulations without the stock pipes?

I am selling my whole bike here in the States with all the stock parts but a IXIL SX1 Exhaust installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with the sale - one question - when you modify the pipes in Canada is it difficult to sell it due to Emission Regulations without the stock pipes?

I am selling my whole bike here in the States with all the stock parts but a IXIL SX1 Exhaust installed.
No, I haven't found that issue here. I suppose there could be an issue when the new owner takes the bike to get certified before it is licensed, which is the process here. The certification process makes sure it's road worthy ie. tires, brakes etc but, they may flag an exhaust that is not street legal.

No worries with this Akrapovic though, it is completely street legal and compliant. I removed it because I knew that I wouldn't get anymore for the bike with it on so, might as well sell with the OEM and sell the Akrapovic exhaust separately.

Mike

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
GOTCHA!

In the process of selling my bike & refusing to discount because of its low mileage & upgrades (plus the in factory end of production upgrades), I met a couple of smartass guys who bought low mile bikes from out of state with under 7501 miles & had them red tagged - they own them but can never sell or register them in CA.

My bike was purchased in San Diego CA, registered & ridden & then shipped to Florida - I purchased it with only 900 miles but because it already hard a prior record in CA, all I had to was go through this grueling inspection at DMV - if one CA Emissions sticker had been missing they wouldn't allow me to register it until I got a new one from Kawasaki.

The next day I did all the upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts