Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some feedback on these slip-ons. I like the look and am wondering if they are loud?, and did they require a power commander to tune?.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got a set of these and here's what I found.

They are very light weight. I mean really really light. They weigh the same as if they were made of cardboard, but being titanium they are obviously very strong.

The other thing is that they are really just muffler tips. Apart from the removable DB killer, it is just a hollow titanium pipe.

Speaking of the DB killer I rode mine for a couple of days with it in. The sound is louder than stock but nothing crazy. It does make a droning sound a bit and sound quite echo like. Anyway, I took the DB killers out today and it is LOUD! I mean, likely to upset my neighbours loud. I'll will put them back in. The drone and echo sound is still there but without the DB killer there is more pop and crackle on deceleration.

All in all I am happy with them. I think the stock headers/collectors is the reason for the drone/echo like sound. They are pretty cheap for a pair of light weight titanium pipes from a top end manufacturer.

If you are going to change the headers, consider something more like a traditional muffler rather than a muffler tip like these are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts