Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
If you have time, can you start a new post regarding this camera system? What it is and how you mounted it.

Back in 2011, we started buying the z 1000 header for our Ninja 1000's. Same bike, really, and the header worked perfectly if you did not have bags.

The original Akra header did not have the support bracket. That was added in 2013-2014 era. Some said that vibration was less if you had the support bracket. I'm not sure I believe that, but they added it. I thought it was to help support the stock mufflers. Some countries have strange exhaust rules. Many used the akra header with the stock mufflers, and they are heavy. (Like you guys didnt notice...sorry)

Arrow always had the support bracket on their header.

You should complain to Akra about this. They are a strange company. They actually care about things like this.
Honestly I'll try too. I've never wrote one up before. But I'll take pics of what I did... probably won't upload until about 830 900 michigan time. Due to it being nice. And I'm out riding. But when I get back I got you!

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Meh to me it’s no big deal, I never thought twice. And the way the cans are mounted it hardly puts any weight or stress on the header flanges, only stiffens it if anything. I’m glad I’m in a us state that doesn’t care what you do with your bike as long as you have a mirror and a headlight and taillight. Don’t even need turn signals. As far as running goes, I’ll never admit to anything, and I like commuting around town on my bike still and I don’t want it to be hot but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
I myself have three felony fleeing and elududings..... I get caught with what I carry its a guaranteed 5 year flat. **** the pigs! I truly hate them swine! Next on my list is animal control as they are aways trying to take my American bullies.... but every time I still win in court. Still got my Dawgs and my freedom I'll die before they take them from me 100%

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm old, so I hate all of the electronic crap. That being said, the idea of a rear camera makes sense. I worry about getting hit, from behind, and the live camera makes so much sense to help prevent that. I rarely flee from the police, or have shootouts with them....very seldom.

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
I'm old, so I hate all of the electronic crap. That being said, the idea of a rear camera makes sense. I worry about getting hit, from behind, and the live camera makes so much sense to help prevent that. I rarely flee from the police, or have shootouts with them....very seldom.
Honestly its decent. The spot i mounted may not work for others but it works for me since it gives full turn of bars and it was simple to secure the wires that are plugged into the monitor. I could see it being mounted inside one of your mirror housings pretty easily.....honestly might do that once I relocate mirrors.

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
I forgot to mention the camera system I chose actually has a built in battery that charges off your bike while running. I haven't gotten a full charge yet. But I do city commute usually. I'm currently about 1/4 charged will turn on if I just press power button., it has a micro SD card slot that will support up to a 32gig card. The camera system also will record movement of the bike as well when turned off. I'm about to do a write up tonight on it. So keep posted to the forum.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wicked, I think I read where you are planning a trip to Utah so you can hook up one of these for some old guy, right?

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Wicked, I think I read where you are planning a trip to Utah so you can hook up one of these for some old guy, right?
Unfortunately I haven't planned one out there yet..... but maybe in the future.... but if maybe your trying to go to the roc in st. Louis MO, I can definitely install for you. Just make sure you have the system I won't charge ya either 😉 honestly once you know how to its simple

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
UPDATE:
So I have the exhaust mounted up, the reed valves out, block offs in, Ivan’s flash on my ecu and everything’s buttoned up. It’s a cold night and I had to work earlier (on Good Friday, I know!) but I still got a good hour ride in just to see what I thought. Definitely smooth, no popping, no loss in bottom end power it feels as strong as ever and way more snappy when you hit it, and it isn’t too rich up top though I didn’t drill my air box (yet). I’ll have pics coming tomorrow when it’s a nice 60 degree day as I’m sure I’m going to spend the day out with it lol. I’d say Ivan did a pretty good job, his turnaround time way great, and if you know how to talk to a New Yorker he’s not that bad of a guy either.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts