Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2003 z1000 off of a private seller. He said he did the air box mod but when I went to look at the air box everything except for the ring to hold it down is cut off. It is completely open the snorkel and everything is just cut off and gone. When people do the air box mod they never cut it all off and I was wondering if this was bad for the bike in any way. if so is there anyway I could order a new air box so I could do the mod correctly. I just bought a K&N air filter if that makes a difference at all.

thank you guys

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's most likely running on the lean side, especially if it does not have a power commander installed.

You can purchase new air box covers on Ron Ayers or Bike Bandit for example for around $20 or so.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thank you. I also have another question you might know. Where can I find the little circle covers for the side of the clutch box? Mine got scratched because my brother dropped it in the dirt and I was wondering if i could just get a cover to cover it up. It originally came with red ones but I don't like them and I was wondering where I could find different ones. Perhaps black ones.

thank you

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Alright thank you. I also have another question you might know. Where can I find the little circle covers for the side of the clutch box? Mine got scratched because my brother dropped it in the dirt and I was wondering if i could just get a cover to cover it up. It originally came with red ones but I don't like them and I was wondering where I could find different ones. Perhaps black ones.

thank you
Look for some aftermarket ones, the stock plastic caps are junk if you ever wreck the bike. They are absolutely no help whatsoever. Try and get some solid ones. :2cents:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thank you guys. where would I find those clutch box cover things? I've been looking and I can't find them anywhere.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
alright thank you guys. where would I find those clutch box cover things? I've been looking and I can't find them anywhere.
I got mine through Motospecialties on riderforums.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts