Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. During the removal of cam cover on my 2003 Z1000 to check valve clearance, I have taken apart the air valve between the 2 reed valves, but the contents have fallen out. Please see photo---I think that the dished washer goes onto the pin, flat side up, then the larger , metal centred rubber disc. I have also found a small o ring. Does this o ring form part of this air valve assembly ?. I cannot see where it fits. Please can anyone advise . Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for reply. The problem is that this part (#16126) is sold as a whole unit only so the exploded parts diagram does not show what is inside. I imagine that as long as the small parts are held and not loose inside, it should still function ok.

·
Registered
35 Posts
These are typically not taken apart as there are no replaceable parts inside from the factory so I have no idea the order of how this goes back together. Sorry... If I had an extra one I'de take it apart and let you know. I know racers typically remove these and block off the reed valves. They're fairly universal among Kawasaki's of that age. I'd probably just find a good used one on Ebay if your that worried about it. Factory looks to be $100+! Or just omit it altogether but I see you're over seas and it would probably be illegal. You might get 50 years! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. Thanks for reply. I can see that there are only 3 pieces in the side that has come apart. I'll phone round some Kawasaki service centres to see if I can get any advice but, failing that, I've got a good idea how it is assembled, It's not going to affect the running. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts