Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i found you cant get the race bmc's for the 2010 z1000 so i got the standard bmc filter off some dude in latvia on ebay.

Should be good. Got yoshimura titanium/carbon r77 slip-ons coming next week and will get a bazzaz z-fi fuel controller next week also.. then probably to the dyno man the following week or so. when she is all done & done ill post the before & after results and pics with list of mods.

safe travels everyone.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I installed the K&N on my 10Z and it went horribly lean. I have removed sec throt plates and are running juice box pro. The bike would not even idle it was sooo lean. Since then i have manually richend it to where it feels good. I am considering going back to the plates in and stock filter. It just doesnt have that crispness it used to when you really whack it down low in the Rs. I havent found any maps for my setup and i really dont want to beat the shiz out of it on the dyno for +2 ponies.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Got of think of it this way. Its not beating the piss out of it on a dyno for +2 ponies. Its dyno-tuning it to run the right air fuel ratio for the mods you have. This way your bike runs the way it should with mods. Not only is it for the ponies, its for the longevity of the motor.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I installed the K&N on my 10Z and it went horribly lean. I have removed sec throt plates and are running juice box pro. The bike would not even idle it was sooo lean. Since then i have manually richend it to where it feels good. I am considering going back to the plates in and stock filter. It just doesnt have that crispness it used to when you really whack it down low in the Rs. I havent found any maps for my setup and i really dont want to beat the shiz out of it on the dyno for +2 ponies.
dang when i disabled my secondaries it really brought mine to life in the lower rpms. blips on the throttle at 3k rpms in first will easily lift the front wheel. running the ivans full muzzy, k&n filter, airbox mod map from riders forums maps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts