Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Aftermarket Pipes?

38K views 102 replies 47 participants last post by  2012z1000 
#1 ·
Anyone make Pipes for the 2010 yet?

What would you go with?

#3 ·
I just got a pair of M4 GP style slip-ons. Online for $476 with free shipping!! Just Google "M4 Exhaust 2010 Z1000" They are trick looking - all black. Akropovic also has a pair of slip-ons, and while the craftsmanship appears awesome, I didnt like they way they looked on the bike (or the price, at almost twice that of the M4s).

M4 claims saves 9lbs and +3HP.

#6 ·
I just got a pair of M4 GP style slip-ons. Online for $476 with free shipping!! Just Google "M4 Exhaust 2010 Z1000" They are trick looking - all black. Akropovic also has a pair of slip-ons, and while the craftsmanship appears awesome, I didnt like they way they looked on the bike (or the price, at almost twice that of the M4s).

M4 claims saves 9lbs and +3HP.
SO-CRATES,I take it Bill and Ted were a big influence,lol.

#5 ·
Man - almost wish I saw those before I ordered the M4s! Those are sweet looking!!! :eek:

#10 ·
Looks like anyone with some welding skills can do the V&H pipes. Remember the 3rd gen has that undership muffler, so basically your buying exhaust tips....

#23 ·
Of the slipons, the Vance & Hines and M4 options look the best out there. Most are either too big or just don't follow the form/lines/look of the bike very well at all. That said, it'd be tough to pass up the full 4 into 1 Akra system, since it drops nearly 20 lbs and does a lot more for power than the slipons.

Another option for the slipons that I saw in another forum - removing the stock cans and putting caps on the remaining stubs. Looked pretty good and it was cheap!

#24 ·
i like slip on mufflers, on most sport bikes from the past the front head pipe stock was pretty good power wise. well the muffler on the new 2010 z 1000 that is under the bike looks like crap . also it hurts performance more than the mufflers out back. my friend has 2 bros slips. these mufflers are big and wide open. because of that under body can it is not very loud. i would for sure want a full system on a 2010 ZED.

#25 ·
Im with BeastIncarnate on this one.... I cant agree more that the other slip-ons are just too big or dont flow well with the design of the bike. But, I have the M4s and I love them - they look AND sound great. And the best part - they cost HALF of what eBay is asking for those Yosh slip-ons. I got mine delivered for $477.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.