Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to swap my stock handlebars, for something cheaper or easier to find. Long story short left side handlebars got bent a little bit. I tried to bend back but it's not perfect. I just need to know what size I need to get or adapters needed to swap my bars. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm upgrading the handle bars on my dirt bike and going to put my stock dirt bike bars onto my 2010 z1000 they are both a pro taper bar

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm upgrading the handle bars on my dirt bike and going to put my stock dirt bike bars onto my 2010 z1000 they are both a pro taper bar
Please keep me updated. Like I said I'm looking to go for a cheaper aftermarket because I may dump the bike again due to stunting around on it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've had the Pro-Tape Pastrana FMX, which is identical in bend to the Renthal CR High, and Magura SX.

Whichever you decide, the weight savings will be surprisingly good. The original 3rd gen bars made out of steel and are 4.5 pounds! while the Fat-Bars are aluminum and are around 1.2 pounds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Is there a particular size I need to look for?
Any 1-1/8" (28.6mm) bars will work. Basically any of them that are fatter in the middle and come to a taper. Ones that has the crossbar in the middle are 7/8" (22mm) bars and those will not work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts