Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all I've got a 2021 z1000 and the one thing I've always disliked about the bike is the sound. It's either to quiet for my liking or it drones like crazy I've! I've played around with a few different ideas since I got my hands on it, the standard mufflers were gone within a week because to look at sorts made me🤢🤢🤢.
I made a set of short turn outs which looked good and wasn't loud at idle or even when riding but under decel the drone/ reverberation was that bad it would give me a splitting headache after about half an hour
Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

After that I went looking and found a second hand set of QD power gun mufflers which definitely ticked the box for looks once I painted them but again with baffles in it was close to stock sound and with them out it sounded like a tractor and that drone was back.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Next option was remove both cats which was a massive pain🤦‍♂️ with them gone and the qd mufflers to my surprise it made no difference to the sound although it did make the power delivery abit more aggressive which I liked.

So onto my latest attempt I had an old carbon delkevic muffler off another bike here so went about making an under engine muffler.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
With the db killers out once again it droned and sounded like a bloody tractor but with it in it sounded great bit more like a zx10 with an after market system which is what I assumed the z1000 would sound like. The only issue I came across was when I took it for a test ride and gave it a couple of pulls up to 200 ish 😜 this happened
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire

Yep it blew itself to pieces! I'm guessing with db killers in it created to much back pressure.

So I'm a bit lost with what to do about a system I love the bike but it's a bit disheartening that I absolutely hate this drony boring very non 1000cc performance inline 4 sound it makes and I really cant justify spending almost $3000 on a system. I'm wondering if anyone has bought one of these systems and if so how was fitment and the end result as far as sound?
Gesture Font Finger Screenshot Brand

Or I'd love to see what everyone else is running or recommends cheers🍻

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Been down that road.... Pardon the pun.... Best combination for me are arrow headers... Largest bored headers that I know of giving a deep sound and a 100mm shortened akra from my rsv4 quiet when driven conservatively, lovely low glugging noise at tickover and howls when it's pushed...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts