Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't find much so I hope you don't mind me starting this thread.

I am looking at buying a 2005 Z1000. My last bike was 4 years ago (ZX-9R) and I loved it. I sold it with 27,000 miles on it and the guy sued me 4 months later after taking it in for valve adjust and shop told him it needed a head because valves couldn't be adjusted, I dynoed it at 121rwhp before sale???). I won the case because I am not shady but due to that, I am concerned because the Z1000 is based on the ZX-9 engine.

Anyway, It's a 2005 Z1000 with 16,000 miles. The guy says all maintenance has been done at dealer and he is second owner. I think I can get it for $2700-2800......thoughts? Are there any know issues to be concerned with? It has stock exhaust and doesn't appear to be modded other than maybe turn signals. It's 5 hours from me so I figured I'd ask here before pursuing it much further. Is this considered high mileage for a Z1000? Would I expect to have to put a lot of money into it in the near future? My ex-father in law has Vmax and FZR1000 with 75,000+ on them so mileage doesn't scare me if I know it can take it.

THANKS!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great bike, mileage is NOT an issue and a very decent price.
as for money OH YEAH.... she loves to be modded, from suspension to exhaust.
good luck and enjoy the ZED :eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good Deal!

·
Registered
184 Posts
That mileage is not high at all for one of these bikes.

Just look it over like you would any other motorcycle when you go see it and ask what the owner has done to it maintenance wise and whatnot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts