Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thought i’d post a few pics of the old girl. i don’t mean to brag as i strive to be a humble person in life with humility. i’ve done all the restoration work myself. about 25% left to do. just need a new money tree to finish 😆. the restoration tv shows projects like this completed from start to finish in less then an hour. what a joke. i have hundreds and hundreds of hours of my time into this bike. possibly a thousand by now. best way to learn and totally worth it in the end. bought her off a guy in detroit. his uncle owned the bike originally. he had a small accident then put her in the garage until i got lucky his and nephew sold to me after inheriting.

a little dusty, sorry.

·
Registered
2010 Z1000, full akra, Ivan’s tune, mantris fork kit and Penske shock to come
60 Posts
That things gorgeous, monkey. Definitely never let that one go you’ll never get your hands on one that sweet again

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i read stories all the time of guys building those bikes from scratch just to get one. thanks guys for the support.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice! Ever think about getting the other disk and caliper up front? I ask because I have a '79 XS650 I really wish I had dual disk breaks and she's not half as quick as your rocket.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that would be worth the investment for sure. luv great stopping power. i think the 750’s came with dual calipers. i bet those parts are interchangeable. think there is a manifold needed to split the line. not sure if the master cylinder is the same size though. i’d almost speculate it would be larger since its actuating two calipers vs one. have to research that one some more. thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
262 Posts
that would be worth the investment for sure. luv great stopping power. i think the 750’s came with dual calipers. i bet those parts are interchangeable. think there is a manifold needed to split the line. not sure if the master cylinder is the same size though. i’d almost speculate it would be larger since its actuating two calipers vs one. have to research that one some more. thanks for the suggestions.
Back in 74 I put the twin disc conversion on my Z1. It made a difference, but not a huge one because brakes were rubbish then anyway! Who remembers the lag in the wet? :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts