Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the Z1000 world, but have been racing and riding since 1997. I picked up the Z because it was the most agressive “standard” bike I could find.

However, I’ve been having issues finding a full exhaust option to purchase. Can anyone give me advice or point me to a company or website that makes exhaust for this bike?
Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Strangely.... There isn't one that I know of. I'm on the UK forum and one lad on our forum went for a handmade option.... Said it was brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strangely.... There isn't one that I know of. I'm on the UK forum and one lad on our forum went for a handmade option.... Said it was brilliant.

I’m sure it was awesome. Must have been expensive, yeah? I can’t believe there isn’t a company making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think so.... Think he paid anout 400gbp. Which was quite reasonable...

That’s absolutely reasonable! Can you get me the company info? I’d pay that to have some made. Just need the headers, mid pipe, and y split. I can find some slip-ons.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Wow... I was quicker than I thought..!

09 Custom Headers (finally)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
On my phone at the moment but if that link doesn't work I'll have to get on my laptop... But manually go to the UK forum... Go to "post 2003" bikes and then scroll down to "09 custom headers ( finally).... Its all in there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. New to the Z1000 world, but have been racing and riding since 1997. I picked up the Z because it was the most agressive “standard” bike I could find.

However, I’ve been having issues finding a full exhaust option to purchase. Can anyone give me advice or point me to a company or website that makes exhaust for this bike?
Thanks
Jay
SP Engineering have a wide variety of exhaust options.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SP Engineering have a wide variety of exhaust options.
I finally found a used set of headers and I am fitting them to a set of KO exhaust mid pipes and slip ons. Whole set up for $300. I’m still waiting for delivery ATM. But I will post pics when it’s done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts