Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2013 zx1000 and the secondary butterfly's don't seem to operate ive tried a 2nd motor and its the same cant find a fuse or a relay can anyone help me out or tell me a way to test the motors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have a 13 Z 1000 or a 13 ZX1000 (Aka ZX10)? Those are completely different bikes and if it's the 13 ZX1000 you're on the wrong forum. Head to the ZX10 forum and there's a free service manual download there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ask here:

though it;s the same bike and I have not come across this failure. There is no fuse specifically for the secondary flaps, though there are way to bypass it via a dongle. Some people that are into drag racing do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Aha! You mean the 2013 Z1000 SX. Still wrong forum, but here's a link to the free service manual.

https://kawasakibrad.com/manuals
Official Kawi designator is ZX1000 for his bike. This caused big issues in 2011 when people tried to insure them and the insurance companies all saw the ZX in the official model name, not market name, and thought it was a ZX-10 derivative. It is sold as the Ninja 1000 or Z1000SX depending on the region. Mechanically they are almost identical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts