Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question: read this article, love the bike, but noticed that it says that the 240 is mounted in the stock swing-arm on a 8.25 in wheel. The wheel looks stock to me, but mine measures around 7 in, and I dont see much room in the stock swing arm to fit anything bigger.

What am I missing here?:dontknow:

Link:
2010 Kawasaki Z1000 Warm-Up Custom - webBikeWorld

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice bike! Interesting article too. It looks like an over-sized tire to me. I'm not sure how they fit it in there but that would be one big tire!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I don't care for that at all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That wheel is obviously widened. They take the stock rim and widen it with extension hoops.
Where can one find these "extension hoops" you speak of? I googled it but didnt find anything and i've also never heard of this

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
No its a 190 and i think it looks great. Bigger isnt always better in the tire dept. I would imagine a 240+ tire would make the bike steer and turn in more like a boat. Not exactly what im looking for. Besides people usally only see my back tire for a sec when im ridding,if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No its a 190 and i think it looks great. Bigger isnt always better in the tire dept. I would imagine a 240+ tire would make the bike steer and turn in more like a boat. Not exactly what im looking for. Besides people usally only see my back tire for a sec when im ridding,if you know what i mean.
Indeed I do

Im just really curious about how they managed to fit a 240 on what looks like a stock wheel and if the extended the width of the wheel- how?- plus fitting it in the stock swing arm??????

idk about that :confused:

·
Registered
555 Posts
My Harley lovin' buddy always tells me to buy a wider tire every time I've put new tires on. I keep telling him it isn't as easy as one thinks and you are messing with the suspension engineering Kawi used while designing the bike. Why push/pull any heavier tire and rim combo when you aren't spinning the tires you have other. He rides a heavily customized and chromed candy apple red lowered V-Rod. So he looks at me like??? "Huh, bigger, shinier and more impressive has got to be good!" Some day I'll let him ride my Z so he can see what I'm talking about, maybe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Personally i think the Z1, does not need a 240 rear tyre, apart from the aesthetic
and looks thing its a big waste of time, you gain nuthin apart from sweet compliements... or maybe thats not a bad thing...:eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im more curious of how they managed to widen the stock rim then doing it myself- is there an off the shelf application?

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow- great article- didnt know they could do that.

Thanks alot

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
it looks cool but i like the curves too much for that.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts