Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just bought a new 2021 z1000 on account of my 2018 zx10rr was stolen the other weekend and im struggling to find parts to modify it as most sites don't have anything listed that fits the 2021. The search boxes all seem to stop around 2018. I've been presuming that a 2018 and a 2021 would only be cosmetic changes?
Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
Gen 4 Z1000 R Edition
33 Posts
Hi I've just bought a new 2021 z1000 on account of my 2018 zx10rr was stolen the other weekend and im struggling to find parts to modify it as most sites don't have anything listed that fits the 2021. The search boxes all seem to stop around 2018. I've been presuming that a 2018 and a 2021 would only be cosmetic changes?
Does anyone know for sure?
That is correct. Depending on what part of the world you're in there may be some changes to the fuel injection system to meet emissions regulations.

·
Registered
364 Posts
In the US the Z1000 was discontinued in 2017 so a lot of parts websites go based off that. Other than 2019 and above years that the rest of the world got, having 100mm caliper mount fork bottoms (as opposed to 108mm) in order to use the new M50 calipers, I don't think there is any other changes besides aesthetical or graphics changes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
naked bikes don’t sell very well in the US. sales guys tell me that all the time. young guys come in and want a mad sexy sport bike with full fairings. been that way since the whole sport bike revolution started in the mid 80’s. also, i think here in the US motorcycle’s are possibly used more like a weekend toy rather then an everyday transportation. so comfort didn’t matter as much, because people only rode part time. it wasn’t until i had a work injury and damaged my back, that i could no longer do the uncomfortable sport bike riding position. couldn’t do much of anything really. life turned upside down. sold a georgious 2012 cbr 1000rr with 800 miles. worked my whole life to be able to afford a bike like that. broke my heart when that day came i had to sell. thought i’d never be able to ever ride again. few surgeries and years later things started to get a little better but not perfect. then i remembered an article in road racing world magazine on the upright seated 2010 z1000 (gen 3) and how amazing of a machine it is. they described that bike as the motorcycle everyone should be riding. so i went down to my kawasaki dealer and sat on a gen 4 z1000. said to myself i think i can make this work. very comfortable in comparison to the sport bike. few hours later fell in love, saw a glimpse of the future and bought her. nowadays i can’t stop thinking about nudy bikes. they just seem to do it for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's gone the other way in the UK. Sportsbike sales are through the floor,while naked and adventure type are on the up.

Some of that is down to an aging demographic,I see few young riders on bikes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Around here in Chicago you see more brand new R1’s then you do any naked liter bike combined it seems. Times are changing though I saw one other 3rd gen z1000 my whole time I’ve been riding it and it was clapped out had a crash bar on one side frame slider on the other, turn signal wires dangling... but I have seen a total of 2 z900s which is double the 3rd gen and beyond z1000s. Also I saw a bigger dude today on an orange 1st gen, sweet bike, but in his group was a gsxr750 a new blade and a newer r1 (they’re really everywhere here)

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's gone the other way in the UK. Sportsbike sales are through the floor,while naked and adventure type are on the up.

Some of that is down to an aging demographic,I see few young riders on bikes.
The US the sportbike is still king, at least in the canyon chaser circles. Yes, the Starbucks adventure bikes are somewhat popular here too, but you'll probably see as many Panigale's on the streets of LA as your do GS-A's. Naked bikes aren't very popular here either, with maybe the exception of the Tuono, though I would probably consider than more of a sportbike with MX bar's retrofitted than a true naked. Lately the sub-600 bikes have became very popular as well, lots of Ninja 300/400's and R3's, and the R6 still sold very well here, despite the fact that Yamaha discontinued it due to low demand.

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Around here in Chicago you see more brand new R1’s then you do any naked liter bike combined it seems. Times are changing though I saw one other 3rd gen z1000 my whole time I’ve been riding it and it was clapped out had a crash bar on one side frame slider on the other, turn signal wires dangling... but I have seen a total of 2 z900s which is double the 3rd gen and beyond z1000s. Also I saw a bigger dude today on an orange 1st gen, sweet bike, but in his group was a gsxr750 a new blade and a newer r1 (they’re really everywhere here)
You in chicago?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts