Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Checked valve clearance, all the inlet valves are JUST in spec and 6 of the exhaust valves are out. Not sure if this could be the cause of the noise though?

Registered
As we suspected by you recording. It could be very likely the source of your noise

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah its just weir because the noise is on the right hand side but it is the valves on the left hand side that are the tightest

Premium Member
If that is the only problem, you got a hell of a great deal Mate - just in time for Calving & Lambing Season ...

Registered
since the clutch side case cover is punched in. I would check that the clutch basket is not touching the case cover. Also check that the clutch pushrod isnt bent.

Registered
Same story here. My pressure plate has to come from japan

Premium Member
Blonde,

What's it like riding in New Zealand now - I know Napier is not a major hub but my Mate says there are speed cameras everywhere & while its practically a freeway riding from Auckland to Hamilton, etc he says its littered with Speed Cameras & as soon as you hit 101 kmh, Bang, Flash Pop & you get a Citation in the Mail - is that true?

And how do they prove it was you driving?

Back to the noise being rectified, very good!

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Umm well if you ride back roads then speed cameras are not an issue but yes the laws are quite strict around speed. You have to pick and choose when to twist it on. You usually get 10% over before you'll trigger a camera, sometimes 5% or 0% on long weekends.

Hopefully the chain guide isn't too far away, I found one on ebay in stock in Japan so should be couple weeks quicker than from Kawasaki directly.

Registered
The dutch can do better. In a nearby town on a road with a 50km/h speedlimit, there are 6 permanent speedtraps over a distance of 1,7 km

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
The dutch can do better. In a nearby town on a road with a 50km/h speedlimit, there are 6 permanent speedtraps over a distance of 1,7 km

Haha yeah I don't think NZ is too bad tbh. Many countries have 0 tolerance and much higher fines

21 - 40 of 44 Posts