Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I've been meaning to post this up for some time now, but I've been very busy with work, etc;

Bought a 2014 ebony z1000 at the start of the year (my first zed, had a 05 ZX6R (C1H) before) - What initially lead me to the Forum was an extremely unfortunate turn of events:

- A friend of mine died off of a Motorbike
- At the funeral, following the hearse in the Guard of Honour my battery gave up and the bike would not start
- An associate of mine attempted to bump start it, and in turn flipped it down the road :frown:
- A lot of Damage done to the bike, which his insurance won't cover, and neither will mine....
- He was injured and out of work unpaid can't afford to fix it... Now healed up, and still, to date hasn't paid... :mad:
- Struggling to get used parts for it anywhere, including eBay... Damage from Kawasaki Amounts to about €5k in parts alone :crying:

So, out of the ashes of this run of terrible luck, I've decided to go all out on a project build of the bike. I only had the bike for 4 months before it was destroyed, and I barely got to use it, so I am truly gutted - But have some big plans for it now over the winter, and should have it back on the road for Spring, all things going well.

Z1K The Day I bought it:

Last Picture Before the Crash (Fresh s21 Evo Tyres, Tank Grips & Powerbronze Screen Added):

Day of the Crash:

A couple of days after the crash I received delivery of Fork Protectors which I had forgot about - It was at this time that I decided I was going to have to go balls out with it - I'm thinking of going full carbon where all of the gloss metallic plastic parts are, carbon end cans with flashes of red here and there (Not going overboard as I like it as the "Dark Destroyer").

My Dad's friend luckily came to the rescue with fixing the disgusting looking tank damage and done a great job!! Tank from Kawasaki cost €1,000...

Also got a 2nd Hand Clutch perch from eBay for good money and added on a little trick black/ red Clutch adjuster which I had bought a few weeks previous:

As the bike sits in my shed at present... :frown:

Gutted about my apparent "friend" leaving me with this bill - It's going to be a slow process fixing it up myself as I've just moved to a new place and low on funding.

Updates to follow as I purchase and fit parts - I am also thinking of doing up a YouTube build thread for this. Comment below if you think this would be a good idea and if you would be interested to see it. :smile:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS: If anyone has any parts for this model Z1K lying about that I could use please comment below or PM. Can buy and pay for shipping. Or if you know of any breakers near to you that are breaking one of these please let me know. There are very few of these in Ireland so can't get anything for it - eBay isn't very fruitful either.

Main parts I need are:

Rear aluminium Sub Frame Basket/ cage
Left Rear-Set Frame Mount
Rear fairings left and right
Rear Seat or Seat Cowl
OEM Generator Cover
Left Handlebar Controls (Indicators/ Horn/ etc)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words Bro! Yeah I'm in love with the bike, only had 3.5k miles on it when I bought it, so practically new. At 4k Miles now and I can't even ride it. :crying:
It will be 100% back on the road, and better looking than when I got it. Will be blacking it out a bit more - Thinking dark smoke integrated tail light & black R&G Engine covers.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ive got a rear light (youve not listed it) but i saw it was smashed....pretty sure ive got the whole rear number plate mount (but no one ever wants those)...! Sure ive got more bits but id have to go through my box of oem spares....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Minor Update

I've been lied up the last week - Was knocked off my commuter bike on the way to work and have soft tissue damage in my back and knees. :frown: Things can only go up from here!!

Boredom got the better of me over the long Halloween Weekend so got around to doing some of the smaller bits while I was home, in comfort of the house;

Getting the tank ready to go back on the bike

Looks good as new now I think (excuse handprints on the tank):

Adding on the new Clutch Perch

Original adjuster completely snapped in half:

Also got the Tail-light out of the subframe - had to snap it in half as it was wedged in to the frame from impact.

Can really see the damage done to the rear cage now

I have the tail fairings in Golden blazed green off a 2015 PM if interested
Thanks for the offer dude, but I think it would probably cost more to buy it from you, have it shipped, pay customs and have resprayed than buying new from Kawasaki (Both fairings together are €240 from Kawasaki UK), not to mention I would have to black out that beautiful paintwork already on yours. I would preferably need already blacked out fairings if coming from outside of Europe.

Ive got a rear light (youve not listed it) but i saw it was smashed....pretty sure ive got the whole rear number plate mount (but no one ever wants those)...! Sure ive got more bits but id have to go through my box of oem spares....
Thanks, but I'm going to buy a dark smoke integrated tail-light to black it out even more. And luckily for me the Tail Tidy/ fender eliminator didn't get any impact on it at all, so I don't need to replace that. Main thing I need is the rear subframe cage (as in pics above), left handlebar controller, rear seat and left footpeg frame mount.

Cheers Guys!! :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello house...I have a z1000 2018... it starts for while .... n goes high....before it shuts down.... won't start again check engine light starts to blink...trying to start it again.....after .....its starts again...n shuts down.....pls does anyone have an idea...pls I beg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts