Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to take a look at a 2013 Z1000 with super low miles. Question is, the front doesn't look nearly as aggressive as the new gen front/headlight.

Is there a mod to swap out the 2013 front headlight with something sharper like the 2014+ headlights? Really looking for what I could do with it in 2020 since parts are discontinued.

Am I better off buying a newer version?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Style wise, i dony think a 2014+ head will look good on a 2010 bike. The 2010 model on its own loooks very good. Actually i still want the 3rd gen fork covers for my 4th gen

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Style wise, i dony think a 2014+ head will look good on a 2010 bike. The 2010 model on its own loooks very good. Actually i still want the 3rd gen fork covers for my 4th gen

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk
Is there a good thread with some gen 3 pics? I can't seem to find much about it tbh. Even youtube has mainly 2015+ videos. It gives me the feeling that it would me hard to get/put mods.

·
Registered
317 Posts
4th gen headlights are RIDICULOUSLY expensive because everyone is using them on their streetfighter style projects bikes. Be prepared to spend at least $450 on just the headlight alone.

You will have to make custom brackets for the mounting because the lower triple clamp (which the headlights mount to via a bracket) are completely different between the 2 bikes, but if your handy with sheet metal and angle grinder it can be done fairly easily.

Other option is to swap the lower triple clamp, but then you also need to swap the forks as well since they too are different size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts